29 November 2010

Day Twenty Nine

Spent most of today snowed in, trapped at home.  If it weren't for going to the gym first thing in the morning, I would have home bound all day.  The snow was still pretty much everywhere around here.  On the roads the kerbs were still not very visible and that took away any chances of doing manoeuvres.  All four driving lessons were cancelled either by myself or pupils.  My 7-9pm pupil told me she slipped on her way to work in the morning and dislocated her knee.  OUCH!!  Felt so sorry for her when I heard the news.  Let's hope she will be better and well enough to drive next Monday.

Samsung

My new laptop arrived this afternoon, around 12:30pm I think.  Had to run down to get it because the courier couldn't find get a parking space on my street.  The snow mayhem did him no favours either.  This new Samsung laptop is pretty cool.  Runs on the latest Windows 7 which I have a bit of experience with through the church EM laptop, but I'm sure I'll get to know it a lot more here.  Currently have to get used to the new keyboard cos the querty keys are set slightly more to the left side, and there is now a full number pad on the right hand side.  That will come in handy for when I do my sums and admin etc.  =)  Have yet to try out the dvd or blu ray capabilities, but might leave that till tomorrow.

Tired out

Pretty tired right now after a day of gym and tidying up, hoovering and clearing out the living room.  Have really tidied up the whole living room and hallway.  Wanted to make myself useful whilst being at home all day, so shortly after I got my laptop I began to move and hoover behind my computer desk, the surrounding chairs and sofas all were moved and hoovered underneath.  There was so much dust and junk hidden under.  Sorted out all the bits and bobs lying around in piles and arranged everything to make it all look so much neater and smarter.  Finally plugged in my new laptop just before dinner.

Personal record

At the gym this morning I achieved my own personal best on the standard deadlift.  I did two sets of four at 100kgs.  Was a little surprised at myself, considering I had only went to the gym once last week.  Oh yeah, the weather really affected gym attendance this morning.  When I went into the weights room after my cardio warm up, there were only seven people in total there.  One was myself and another was a personal trainer.  Felt like I had the whole gym to myself, my own big personal gym.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment