01 November 2010

Day One

So it's day one without using Facebook at all.  I have not logged on Facebook all day so have no idea what has been happening or what has been said.  Why am I doing this?

Reasons

The main reason I am leaving Facebook for a month is because recently I found myself on Facebook too much.  It eats up my time, especially when I log on it at night time.  A classic example would be last Saturday night when the clocks went back one hour.  How did people spend that extra hour?  Some people might have been out partying for Halloween.  Some people might have been in bed.  I used up my time online, on Facebook and Youtube!  It's crazy!  So when Sunday morning finally came, I felt like I just slept a normal seven hours sleep when it would have been eight if I slept around midnight, my usual bed time.

Another reason I am avoiding Facebook is so I don't have to see certain things and certain people.  Some people are nice to look at and I find them interesting.  Some people, well, I'd prefer to avoid.  Does anybody else get this?  Does anybody have Fb friends who appear on your News Feed after being tagged as a cardigan?  Or as a pair of tights?  What's the point in that?  I don't get it, really I don't.  I think once I go back on to Fb I will start to 'Hide' people.  I won't delete them because I might need to contact them in the future.

So with a bit more free time in my hands it should mean I will have more time to sleep, more time to read the Bible and spend with God, and more time to focus on my work in between lessons.  Cos I have been such a Fb addict that I check for updates through my phone first thing when I reach my locker in the gym changing room.  I check for updates and notifications every break I have between lessons.  I take pictures of different meals I have and upload them Live onto Mobile Uploads.  Some of the pictures spark up interesting comments.  I am doing this Fb fast from a positive angle.  I believe I can do it.  Will keep y'all posted.  :)

Today

So a look at what I've been up to today.  Things written here will be in hindsight of course as I can no longer update through my Fb Mobile.

I went to the gym in the morning, ran a little late as the bed was soo comfortable, in contrast to the weather outside which was only 4C!!  I managed to squat 130kgs for six reps this morning.  It was really pushing it, but I will keep working at it and build up more strength for my legs, back and core.  I bench pressed 90kg as well for six reps too, had a guy spot me which helped.  I will return tomorrow to work on my arms tomorrow.

Today I only had three lessons: two driving tests and a driving lesson.  Pretty relaxed day.  The first driving test was a pass.  Second test was not.  Really gutted for the pupil.  I could see he really wanted to do it.  :(  I am not good at comforting people when they fail at something.  Especially when they are my pupil and I somewhat feel a bit of "responsibility" towards the result though I know I was not to blame cos I did not teach them wrongly.  Hmm...  The last driving lesson was only one hour and went by quite quickly, but ended with tailbacks around Chinatown area.

In the evening I went to Antipasti for James' birthday dinner.  Caleb and Henry were there also.  The four of us had nice food and nice chats mainly about the church.  We discussed what we could do to help improve the EM and make everyone feel integrated and at ease with one another.  After the birthday cake surprise (with help from the waitress) the four of us walked down to the bus stop where Caleb and Henry both caught their rides home.  James and I drove home but stopped at our local Tesco en route.  In the end Caleb reached home first, then James, then myself and finally Henry.  I sent them a running commentary to update them who was home.  Haha!  It was a laugh indeed!

So after I got home I went for a shower, poured myself a glass of Tropicana with bits and sat by the computer updating my work diary etc.  Also ended up checking out The Apprentice website on BBC.  Checking out contestant stats etc.  Things are done now.  My glass of orange juice was finished more than five minutes and I am here blogging down what went on for me today :)

Hope to spend more time with God tomorrow, despite working 10am-9pm.  Ooooh!  Such long hours!!  Hope I get enough time to eat something before the next lesson.

Oh yeah, whilst at Antipasti, Sean called me and asked if were still going to the gym this week, especially on Friday as we had arranged to work out together.  I told him I should be going to the gym Wednesday and Friday, though tomorrow I will do arm exercises and some cardio I think.  Sean advised he had such a good workout with me last Friday that his flatmate wanted to do some training at the gym and Sean recommended me.  He asked if I would mind that James came to meet me at the gym and train with me.  Of course I said yes, cos it's a compliment that Sean would mention me to his flatmate and so we tentatively arranged to meet at Greens gym around 7am on Wednesday.  :)

Ok I'm knackered.  Eyes are drooping down.  Time is 00:06hrs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment