11 November 2010

Day Eleven

Totally forgot it was Armistice Day today.  A day when people gather to observe two minutes' silence and pay tribute to those who have died in war since WWI.  The silence would take place on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month each year.  What were you up to at 11am this morning?  I was sitting in the back of my car observing my pupil on test in Anniesland.  Besides interpreting I wasn't saying anything else, so I kept my silence.  Haha!  Before you ask, no, the pupil didn't pass this time unfortunately.  Was his first shot and it wasn't that bad in my opinion.  Just wasn't enough to pass, so he has a rebooking for a date in December.  Wanna know the date?  Wait for it.... 24th December!!  The DSA has no other earlier date and the next available one would be 30th December!  So Friday 24th December it is then, at 9:37am!  Odd times eh!  Let's hope his second attempt will be a success and we can both have a good Christmas present.  24th will be my last day of work for the year before I take leave until 3rd January 2011!!  Will be going away for a few days in the last week of December.  Destination to be confirmed later on.  Haha!

Mussels

Had quite a nice relaxed day overall today.  Didn't go to the gym this morning as working at 9:15am would mean the gym session would be quite rushed and non enjoyable.  My arms, particularly biceps, were a little sore from Tuesday's 300 Workout, so I decided to rest this morning and return tomorrow ;)  The first driving lesson/driving test was over and I went to Chinatown for tea and some buns.  Whilst eating my buns a Chinese man walked up to my car and asked me for my business card as his wife would be interested in driving lessons.  I introduced myself and gave him my card.  The guy said he'll call in the next few days.  Apparently his wife has taken driving lessons before.  I went to WH Smith afterwards, to look for a diary/ scheduler for 2011.  I currently use the AA diary planner thing which they give us as part of stationery.  However once I leave and become an independent driving instructor I will no longer be allowed to use any AA products.  WH Smith on Sauchiehall Street didn't have anything to my requirements.  The one with the closest match to what I need actually had leather cover over it, and had a £31.99 price tag on it.  No way!!  I'm looking for something less than £15 I think.  Something A4 sized, with weekly view and with time/appointment slots so I can input pupil lesson times.  I then met Ling for lunch at Mussel Inn and we had a nice time catching up over lovely food.  Chatting to Ling made me realise for a while I had neglected some friends due to fussing over stupid stuff.  But I appreciate the friendship we have and hope it will continue despite being thousands of miles away.  =)  It is good to see my big sister Scallop married, settled and happy.  That's what I wanna be like some day.  =)  Maybe God will bless me with a female rosy cheeked gnome as well =P  Actually I don't know if I would like rosy cheeks in a girl.  Soft cheeks would do fine.  =P

Finished off my day with a final driving lesson 4.30-6.30pm and we drove through roundabouts and pedestrian crossings under the rain and in the dark.  Lesson went not bad and much less frustrating than the lessons from yesterday, thank God.  Few moments of stalling just before entering a roundabout but people were nice enough behind us not to toot the horn, thank God =)  I came home for dinner, hung the washing, did admin then after all that was done I lit my Febreze candle again (used it the first time last night, winter's night smell!) and sat down with a cup of tea and my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  I wanted to re-read the book again after sooo long.  Wanted to refresh myself with it before going to see the movie next week.  But reading the first two chapters made my eyes droooop... even getting up to the kitchen for some yoghurt didn't do much to keep me awake.  Not sure if I'll get to finish the book before next week at this rate.  Lol!

Think I'll head off to bed now.  Sean Ho texted saying he'll see me at the gym tomorrow at 7am and said he'll give the 300 Workout a go.  Good stuff.  Better get to sleep then.  Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment