24 November 2010

Day Twenty Four: Part Two

Wow, end of the night already.  How time flies eh!  One more week to go before I log on to my Facebook account and check out if anybody has been contacting me.  How many emails in Inbox?  How many notifications?  How many event invites?  How many wall comments?  How popular am I?  Haha!  Nah, the last one is definitely not one I question.  I don't think I'll miss Facebook that much if I were to go another month without it.  I've been like totally fine without it.  Guess I've found another outlet to express myself.  Here!!  Haha!

Phone covered

I have an item of thanksgiving to share.  Yesterday I thought I lost my phone cover for my HTC Magic.  It seemed to have disappeared since after a driving lesson with a pupil between 4pm-6pm.  I looked all round the car for it though it was dark and I used a torch to shine around the seats and footwells etc.  Nothing.  I drove back to the alleyway where I were remembered last holding the phone cover before my pupil came out.  Nothing.  I looked around the house and searched my jacket pockets.  Nothing.  So I resigned to label myself as being careless for losing such important part of my phone, which helps protect it from dust, scratches and general exposure.  However, something was still niggling inside me and didn't want to give up the search.  I wanted to look again in the morning where hopefully proper daylight would help me see better in the car.  So this morning when I got to the car the first thing I did was go on "hunt mode".  As soon I sat on the driver's seat I looked through my steering wheel and saw my white phone cover lying flat behind the steering wheel and under my instrument cluster and the dials etc.  And cos yesterday the sun set around 4:15pm it made it very difficult to see it was there as it did not obstruct the lights on the dials etc so I couldn't see it.

So I really thank God for keeping the phone cover safe for me.  Honestly, I had no clue where it was cos when I was calling the 4pm pupil I left it on the passenger seat.  When he came to the car I remembered I gathered my stuff together for him to sit and it could have dropped out of the car when he opened the door.  I drove back to that dead end where I met him and shone my fog lights and main beams in hope to find the white phone cover but saw nothing.  I knew looking around in the dark was hopeless.  It wasn't until God's natural light shone around me that the phone cover appeared in front of me.  The lesson to be learnt from this is, not do anything in the dark.  We as Christians are light of the world and salt of the earth.  We should love the light and dislike the dark.  For myself personally I find I make the wrong decisions when late at night.  I find my senses are dimmed then as well, along with my logic.  After midnight is when I generally get tired and grumpy.  It is when I am most prone to arguing etc.  That's why last night I stopped myself from making that purchase of the Samsung laptop (but I actually really purchased it properly this morning along with a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 for half price!).  It's after midnight when self-control becomes laxed as well and I am more prone to sexual tempation online (something that I've quit for a while now which is good!).  So do things in the light.  Make important decisions in the morning.  Sleep over it.  Pray over it.  But leave it till the morning.  Most things we feel "passionate" about on the night actually feels "ok" the next morning.  Ever get that?  Even anger is the same. 

Midnight

Talking about midnight.  This is something I have be much more disciplined about.  I want to get to bed by midnight the latest every night.  I need to get to bed by midnight every night.  This is because my regular weekday alarm goes off at 6:10am and I get up and ready for the gym.  Getting to bed midnight would mean I have at least six hours of sleep each night, providing my mind is not over active and not want to settle.  However, these few weeks my averaged bedtime is 12:45am or so due to blogging or surfing Youtube or shopping etc.  I just use up too much of my precious sleeping time on something like the internet!  The internet never sleeps.  What you wanna do now you can do tomorrow I'm sure.  So if you find it hard to let go of the internet at night, especially just before bed, just close the lid of your computer or turn off monitor of your computer and just go to bed.  Really.  You will not regret it because the extra time in bed is essential, is priceless.

I have to be disciplined to get to bed before midnight every night and will try to go back to the gym at least three times a week kinda thing.  Maybe that will be my December challenge: to avoid being online after midnight!  Ooooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment