28 November 2010

Day Twenty Eight

I've just added a new webpage onto my Bookmarks: BBC Weather for Glasgow.  The longer this cold winter weather continues the more often I need to check the forecast.  So far it has been very accurate in it's predictions of snowfall in Glasgow.  Yesterday's snowfall resulted in my first driving lesson being cancelled.  I did not feel the pupil was at the level to handle such conditions on the road.  My afternoon lesson 1-3pm was more local and he was at the level which I could let him drive slowly and carefully on the main roads.  Manoeuvres were totally out of the question as we just could not see the kerbs properly to perform safely.  Then the overnight reign of snowfall continued through to this morning and the snow was so thick the Chinese Church services were cancelled.  Rumours were there were only two gritters out putting salt onto the roads of Glasgow as they had not foreseen this amount of snow. Ouch!  For most of the day I felt stranded at home, unable to go out in fear of slipping, falling, skidding of tyres or getting hit by snowballs.  Haha!  After the snowfall ended and I finished tidying up the living room and spent time with God, I decided to go out to watch Unstoppable with James.  The drive out to town was delayed after clearing the thick snow off my car.  Fortunately I bought a squeegee some time ago to help remove excess water from the car, so thought using that would help move the snow off.  It worked a treat!  Managed to get the car running in ten mins!  =)  Journey to cinema and back was quite easy as I drove on the main road throughout and the snow was all melted.  Prayed to thank God for safe journeys.  =)

Have faith

Feeling a bit better today compared to yesterday.  It's a strange feeling really.  Had expected to feel better perhaps after a certain meeting, but in fact after it all ended and it had time to sink in, it had kinda made me feel worse.  It's my own doing really.  I know at the end of the day, it was my choice whether to meet up or not.  Truth be told, my expectations were not met.  In fact I was a little disappointed at the end of the night.  But I know it is my shortcomings that I need to sort out first and foremost: impatience and insecurity are the top two.  I know I need to walk on God's path, however that might not always be easy.

My devotions reminded me to have faith.  Keep faith in God even when times are tough.  Even when you see no way out of your struggle.  Keep believing in God.  God won't always save you from your troubles right away.  Even when you pray to Him, He might answer 'Yes', 'No' or even 'Wait'.  So patience is the key, and perserverance.  Both will eventually pay off.  God will not give me anything beyond what I can bear.  But when something does get too difficult, He will come to our rescue.  1 Corinthians 10:13 reminds me of this and I believe it applies to hard times and struggles as well.  I need to draw strength from God =)

No comments:

Post a Comment