08 November 2010

Day Eight

A quick post before bed.  Going to the gym tomorrow and think I'll do the 300 Workout again in the morning.  Have not done it for a few months now.  The last time I tried it I felt so tired and could complete it as I was a good few pounds heavier than my previous attempt.  It really make a big difference, especially for the likes of pull ups and box jumps etc!  Anyway tomorrow James from C7 will be joining me.  He's pretty much a novice who wants to get back into gymming after a period of lazing about.  He's into wall climbing, so I hope the stuff we do can benefit his upper body strength in some way.

Couldnae be bothered

I got to the gym this morning to find out my personal trainer Ally had to fill in for the receptionist who didn't turn up to start work.  So, disappointed, I got changed and went upstairs for my usual six minute warm up run before going into the weights room.  After doing two sets of pullups and a set of dips I just couldn't be bothered anymore and went back down to the changing room.  I got changed and then went into the steam room for two rounds of steamy isolation.  Just wanted some time out.  My mind was swarming with thoughts this morning.  Not exactly sure why.  Oh yeah, I remember why now.  Must have been the thing that was on my mind just before bed last night.  I might have had a dream about it or something.  Anyway, woke up feeling kinda lost.  Yeah, lost and sad.  No wonder athletes have to psych themselves up before competition or performance.  The mind can affect the body SO much!  This morning's performance at the gym was not like me.  I hope to do better tomorrow.  =)

I sooo didn't wanna start work this morning either.  However, I thank God my 10am start and 7pm finish was achieved successfully.  Once I started my lessons I could temporary forget the things on my mind and could hide my sadness inside.  I have to be professional you see ;)  I do thank God also that I managed to keep my cool throughout the day as well (ref. to yesterday's devotional post).  Hope to do the same tomorrow.  =)

Thanks for reading.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment