13 November 2010

Day Thirteen

Not long back from dinner at Alan Chan's place.  Our family and Nick were invited over for hotpot (steam boat).  It was very nice to visit Alan's place and to get to hang with his family.  The food was in abundance and due to uncle and auntie's kindness I didn't have to do any work but eat eat eat and have a laugh.  Haha!  God bless them for their kindness and love shown towards us =)

Thanksgiving

I received a cheque for £20 from Greens gym this morning.  This was payment as Sarah Li used my name as the referral when she joined Greens a few weeks back.  Greens is pretty good at doing that.  They give incentives for people who introduce their friends to sign up.  Members can collect "points" towards prizes like iPod's or big prizes like a mountain bike etc.  The more expensive the gift the more points you need from referals.  This is my third cheque I received as my first one was when Cat joined the gym and the second was when Ming joined Greens.  Sarah's one was a surprise to me because I didn't expect her to join after my persuasion to her and Shaun about how good Greens gym is.  I've now bumped into Sarah twice at Greens.  Haha!  Think we have another passionate member in town!  ;)  I thank God that I received this money. I shall put this £20 towards the spending money for my wee trip away in the last week of December.  I wonder how many Euros £20 will get me leh?  =P

I also thank God for this afternoon's driving lesson.  The pupil had not taken a lesson since 2nd October due to work commitments and ill-health.  He confessed he had dreaded coming down for his lesson as he believed the five weeks absence would have degraded his driving skills.  But praise God the break didn't seem to do him any harm at all.  He drove just as well as he did back in October and I've really pressed on him the need to get the theory test done asap so he can book the practical test as he is not far off from test standard.  One of his biggest incentives is his company car which is a brand new Nissan Juke which he will get to drive once it's ready after a three month waiting list.  So we both have a target to get him to sit and pass his test for, so he can start driving once the car is out on the road.  He is a very motivated individual and I can see his passion for driving show through in his attitude and also rate of learning.  At the end of the lesson he said he thoroughly enjoyed today's lesson and he thanked me for it.  I told him I enjoyed the lesson too and expect him to book his theory test sooner rather than later, especially if he wants to sit and pass his theory test by Febrary 2011.  I thank God for giving us a good lesson which cheered me up.  When I see my pupil really enjoyed a lesson I always feel so much happier and feel more encouraged.  =)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow my plans are: wake up and have breakfast before going out to clean the car and hoover it. Then maybe pop into the gym to work on my arms and some cardio.  Possibly some core stuff too.  Then will be home for lunch with mum.  She did mention we were getting steak for lunch tomorrow.  Niiice!  After church I will most likely be coming back home to watch the last two episodes of The Mysteries of Love, possibly with Nick.  Will then chill out and go to bed early.  Oh and burn my scented candle through the evening.  =)

Hopefully tomorrow my throat will get better.  I didn't get to rest it much today whilst working.  Will continue to have vitamin C as well as try to sleep earlier.  The more sleep you get the quicker you recover.  Won't be easy, but I will try to be in bed by midnight if possible.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment