18 November 2010

Day Eighteen

Today I was talking to somebody about relationship stuff and the person said, "How about you?  You've had quite a few of girlfriends."  He didn't mean it in a nasty way, but just a comment in passing.  It didn't give me any good feelings but I told him I have made several mistakes myself and that I don't feel I am the best person to give any relationship advice.  I warned him about rushing into relationships without careful thinking, planning and of course seeking God's will.  This time I plan to stay away from all the relationship stuff and settle stuff with God before seeking anything of that sort.  It's time to refocus.  My friend also shared that having a girlfriend can be a distraction from God and that I can agree with too.  And that's why it's even more important to have an other half who is Christian, so you can support each other in your spiritual walk etc.  It will be very difficult when dark mixes with light.  Jesus said we should not yoke.  Whilst showering the following verse popped into my head.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

These things I seriously lack and that's why I am where I am today.  I had these things once.  But I think it will be hard to rekindle.  I have not prayed to God for another partner or anything.  I can't be bothered to be honest.  It takes effort and I don't think I am ready for another relationship, so I'm just gonna enjoy myself just the way I am.  I will start praying for a partner once I feel I am ready.  Also, I know I should be focussing on God and God knows my heart and He will grant my heart's desire if He feels is the right time.

Lyrics from a Christian song: I Have A Maker

...He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call...


No comments:

Post a Comment