05 November 2010

Day Five

Almost at the end of first week without Facebook and I've not had an ounce of temptation.  It's pretty cool I think.  Many people have doubted if I'd last a week or even a few days, but so far I think I've done pretty well.  Not even considering logging on once.  I guess I have an outlet here on Blogspot so I get to put my views across and still fill in what I've done today etc.  Minus the pictures to go with it like through Mobile Uploads.  Haha!

Facebook warning

Heard on the radio this morning about a warning for Facebook users not to put up any indecent pictures of themselves on their account as potential employers might end up Googling you before inviting you for interviews etc.  Anything they might see as inappropriate might harm the chances of you getting employed.  I think that's a fair warning to be honest.  You get people who just do all sorts of weird stuff and put them online.  I can't say I have many friends who put up indecent pictures of theselves.  Haha!  But in the past I have actually searched for new pupils before I met them for the first time.  It's just so you can put a face to the voice you hear on the phone kinda thing.  Gives you some sort of mental preparation.  Haha!  Not everyone has Facebook though of course.  Lol!

Grateful

After the gym this morning I came home for a big breakfast then spent some time with God after a very short nap.  The devotional section of my quiet time focussed on how we show gratitude to God for His greatness, His blessings.  It mentioned that although sometimes we wish to express gratitude through words (prayers) or through actions (raising of hands during worship etc), that sometimes we feel God is SOOO amazing that we do not know what to say or what to do to express that gratitude.  In the end we are left speechless, dumb-founded and we just stay still and stay quiet and absorb His greatness in our hearts.

It made me think of what things I am grateful for at present and here are a few things that came to mind:

Warm house
Warm clothes
Family
Mum that cooks amazing meals
Stable job (albeit taxing at times! =P)
Fitness
Language skills
Church
Friends
Technology

These are just a few of the things that came into mind and for each thing I really am thankful to God, for He is the provider of these things and my life is blessed with these things.  All good things comes from the Lord, so I accredit these things, and many others, to God who loves me, and you!  =)

Hotdog and potato

Talking about being grateful: after my first lesson this afternoon I felt very hungry indeed and stomach was mega empty to the point it gave off a slight sound and I started feeling signs of stomach cramp.  These cramps are never nice, so I found myself rushing into Costco for the toilet and also for a snack!!  After queueing for almost ten minutes (Yes I looked at my watch several times to make sure I would not be late for the next lesson) I got myself a hotdog with drink and a baked potato with tuna and cheese.  Was meant to be tuna and beans to keep my protein levels up, but ended up saying cheese when the guy took my order.  Lol!  I guess cheese has calcium and some protein as well.  Haha!  The food was soooo nice guys.  You'd never think these simple foods could give such level of satisfaction!  I was very appreciative of the meal and after eating it it charged me up for my last lesson of the day.

Due Date

I went to watch Due Date tonight.  The 6:50pm showing.  Town was relatively quiet for a Friday night.  The same for the cinema.  Must have been due to fireworks night and most people were attending Glasgow Green for the bonfire display.  The movie was good but not as good The Hangover.  It has a similar theme as well, all about a journey.

I came home and had dinner then updated my work diary and sought lyrics for this Sunday's worship set.  It is nice to have this task to do (collect the lyrics so we can post them up on the wall for worship in church) as it always gives me the opportunity to listen to and sometimes sing along on Youtube and worship God whilst serving Him.  Ain't that amazing?  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment