19 November 2010

Day Nineteen

Have just done my admin for today and sorted out pictures from my memory card to laptop computer.  Should be in bed now but as always, wanna input an entry for my many fans out there.  Haha!  Aye right!  Not that many read my stuff anyway I don't think.  All I talk about is what life is like without Facebook!  Lol!

Btw, I can begin to see life without Facebook as being pretty painless.  In fact, I currently find advantages of not having Facebook.  So far, I find that it helps me save lots of time from looking at people's statuses and checking out walls and the worse time-consumer: photo albums!!  One click leads to another and then you find people you know and then you look at their profile and the locked ones you think about whether you wanna add them or not etc.  Before you know it, that "one click" or "five minutes" turns into an hour or two hours!!  =O  Time flies when you are let loose on Facebook.  It's worse when you are on stalking mode.  See someone you find attractive?  Great, let's look through all their pics and "get to know them"!  After about an hour you will feel like you've "known" them for a while.  You know what parties they've been to where your mutual friends where present too.  You know where they went on holiday and which year etc.  But do you really "know" someone?

I have found that without Facebook I have become more aware of the people around me.  I have become more aware of giving people attention and not just Facebook attention, but face to face personal interaction.  It's nice.  Since 1st November I have spent time with fellow brothers in Christ, helped move house, met up with friends visiting from another city etc.  Have spent nice fellowship with them and got to know them more personally.  For the next couple of weeks I have a few more things scheduled.  Like meeting another brother for dinner tomorrow evening.  Will have dinner and movie with another on Sunday evening.  A lunch on Wednesday and maybe a movie in the evening.  And then maybe a housewarming on the Saturday.  Lots of things happening and it's nice when you get to spend quality time with your friends, close or not so close, and get to interact with them, share with them, support and encourage each other and where possible, pray with one another.  That's what God calls us to do:

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Asthma attacks on Facebook

Oh yeah, heard a news article on the radio this morning mentioning that Facebook can bring on asthma attacks.  How?  Cos there was this young 18-year-old asthmatic sufferer who hyperventilated when he saw pictures of his ex-girlfriend on Facebook.  Turns out she had blocked him from seeing any of her stuff but when he logged in with a new username he saw her stuff and had a nasty reaction to it.  The experts says these social networking sites could be a new source of 'psychological stress'.  Hmm... don't think that will happen to me, but indeed I understand where they are coming from.  Some people are just obsessed with Facebook or a particular person or with popularity (checking how many comments they have etc).  I'm glad I am able to remove myself away from this sort of thing and focus on myself and think of God more too.

Full story of the Facebook-related asthma attack on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment