17 November 2010

Day Seventeen

There's something magical about drink a cup of hot tea in the cold weather.  Especially when you are feeling a little unwell.  I had the privilege of such experience today lunch time when I had an hour break between 12pm-1pm.  Sat in my car in Maryhill McDonald's car park I treasured every sip of the hot and lightly sugared tea and also nibbled at the brioche rolls I brought with me as a snack.  The feeling of drinking hot tea, and it helping clear a blocked nose is really nice!  =)  I woke up with a stuffy nose this morning and even my protein shake tasted a little weird.  Fortunately the first driving lesson went quite well, despite one side of my nose started to block up and I couldn't help but try to clear it a little and my pupil, Mr. H asked if I had the cold or "傷風".  I told him I think so, as a lot of people are falling ill at this time of the year.  Oh yeah, suddenly just remembered!!  Half an hour into the driving lesson Mr. H sneezed and cos his hands were keeping the moving vehicle going straight he did not manage to cover his mouth and he sneezed on the steering wheel!!  Argghhh!  It happened at the moment I looked out the window and something and next thing I heard was "A-choo!!" (something to that effect, he is Chinese so was more like "Ha-chi!").  As I had looked away I could not see where the 100mph explosion landed or if there were projectiles however it was definitely towards the steering wheel as by the time my head swung round to look at him his face was pure straight looking ahead.  Lol!  I had to clean the steering wheel with baby wipes after the lesson and of course washed my hands before having that tea break.  Hahaha!!  Minging!!  And no, he didn't apologise for it.  Nor did I mention it.  Yucks!!

Room change

Just received an email this evening informing me that the hotel which I'll be staying in for my trip is facing closure and so the booking for the last week of December has been denied, however, Alpharooms offered to move my booking to another four star hotel.  I had to look at the links of the suggested alternative and guess what I wanted to check out first?  What was I comparing between the two hotels?  Whether it has a gym!!  Lol!  It in fact has a 'fitness studio'!!  Here's what it says on the website:

"After a hard day at work, or even worse a hard days shopping, what better way to relax and relieve all those stresses, than a work-out in our state of the art Fitness Studio.

The [Hotel] is proud to boast a modern suite of cardio-vascular equipment, along with free weights and associated accessories. The equipment includes:

    * Exercise bikes
    * Treadmills
    * Rowing machine
    * Stair climber (step machine)
    * Dumbbells
    * Stretching mats

For your added comfort, the gym is fully air conditioned, and towels and spring water is available free of charge to guests wishing to use the facility."


Ooh yeah!  Looking forward to being able to workout and then go back to shower and eat and nap and shop and sightsee and eat and read and pray and eat and sightsee and take pictures and pray and eat and think and sleep and shower and eat and hopefully come back refreshed and ready to enter into the new year!  I'll be away from 27th December to 30th December.  It's my only proper time of work where I will leave the car (my office) and go travelling myself.  Going somewhere away from home, yet not that far.  At least I speak the lingo!!  =P

No comments:

Post a Comment