12 November 2010

Day Twelve

I should be getting ready for bed I think.  My throat is pretty sore.  It was a bit tingly yesterday morning when I got up and I woke up feeling bit groggy, so it prompted me to drink a glass of effervescent vitamin c.  Had a tablet yesterday and this morning before I left for work.  Basically it is just dissolving an orange tablet in a glass of water and drinking it like fizzy orange, but it is very refreshing as it's in cold water in this cold weather!  Haha!  Hoping the vitamin supplement will help do me good.  I know getting more sleep will help as well.  It's almost midnight and I plan to get up 8am tomorrow for work: just two driving lessons.

In the past week I've had pupils cough and sneeze in the car.  The close proximity of the front seats mean I cannot escape from anything that might circulate around us.  And of course those who coughed into their hands go on to touch the steering wheel and sometimes I forget to wipe it down with baby wipes etc.  Sigh...  I have gotta keep healthy enough to teach.  I cannot fall ill and be off work. Off work means no money.  In fact, it means I lose money cos my franchise fee comes off me regardless if I work 1 hour or 100 hours a week.  It's shocking.  That's one main reason why I look to go independent in the near future.  Maybe I'll rent from another company who could provide a cheaper weekly rate, or I will buy my own car and just start earning from there without paying any rent to anybody.  We'll see where the Lord leads as these decisions should not be devoid of prayers.

Candles

As I spend more evenings at home chilling out, reading, blogging and watching Chinese dramas, I seem to have developed a liking of having a scented candle in the living room.  There's something about relaxing at home and having a warm glow in the background and better yet, the glow gives off a light fragrance around the room.  For the past few evenings I've lit the Febreze candle in the living room and placed it on the coffee table as I read or work on the computer.  The 'Winter Evening' scent transends from the middle of the living room and flows nicely around the place.  As I watch Chinese dramas on the laptop I see a nice wee flicker of it's orange glow at the corner of my eye.  Occasionally I'd still turn to see what was flickering, but then remind myself I lit the candle.  Haha!  Still getting used to it as I've never done this sort of thing before.  As I mentioned, there seems to be 'life' in the candle as the flame dances on top of the wax and works it's way down.  I just blew the candle out a few minutes ago and the bright flickering has now gone and the candle seems lifeless.  I look at it now and it sits steadily on the coaster on top of the coffee table and the colours have returned to blue and purple, but the yellow flame is missing.  I look forward to lighting it again tomorrow perhaps, if I'm home in time.  Once this candle burns out I think I will look for other cool candles and might get a few if the are on offer.  I think I saw Glade or Cussons candles, or was it Wickes?  Not sure, but they were half price at £1.50 each at Maryhill Tesco.  However, I didn't go for them then as I didn't know if I'd like having candles around.  So I ended up getting this Febreze candle which actually cost £6. =P  However the box says burns up to 30 hours.  If that's the case it is only a case of 20p per hour.  Haha!  In fact, I think if I were to get more candles in the future I should a lighter.  One of these longer once with a wee flame that pops out the end.  Cos I've been lighting this candle with matches recently and I know as the wick burns lower it will be harder to light the candle and I might burn myself.  Haha!  Also, matches smell after they get put out.

Why am I talking about candles??  Lol!  No idea!  I'm just tired.  Got up just after 6am this morning made it to the gym through the heavy rain and wind.  Did the 300 Workout again and topped it off with twelve minutes of cardio on the cross trainer.  Came home to a heavy breakfast of... porridge oats with Shreddies and a banana, two slices (four triangles) of toasted brown bread with peanut butter and a tea with some honey.  Felt sooo good after it that I took a quick 30mins nap to supercharge.  Haha!  I then did my devotions and spent time praying to God before a light lunch and heading out to work for 1pm.  Lessons went quite well today despite unpredictable bad weather.  Of the three lessons I had today, two of them were in Cantonese.  Haha!  Not as troublesome today, I thank God for.  =)  Today's devotions keypoint reminded me to Cast all my anxities unto God who cares for me.  Also, another thing I read was it is not a sin to be tempted.  We cannot void from temptation in life.  However, it is a sin to give in to temptation.  That is when guilt appears in our lives.  Jesus was tempted many times, yet He did not give in to temptation.  He lived his life sinless and He did sinless and blameless.  Wow!  What an inspiration!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment