24 November 2010

Day Twenty Four: Part One

It's 9:20am right now and I am still at home.  Which can only mean one thing... I didn't go to the gym today.  Noooo!!  The alarm went at it's usual time of 6:10am and I had my usual 'five mins' lie-in.  Was fully conscious of the need to get up and get out of bed and head to Finnieston, possibly to meet Sean and James.  However, I was just so tired and I gave in.  Not only that, whilst turning off my mobile phone alarm I read an email from Laptopsdirect which informed me they received my order for a new Samsung laptop which was strange, because I was on Laptopsdirect site last night after blogging and looked around comparing prices with the likes of PC World, Play.com etc and found them to the be cheapest.  However, I wanted to check out delivery costs and VAT etc which would make the total price a lot different from this price tag they were showing.  I found out that getting a Recovery Disk with the computer actually costs an extra £12.97 which I had thought was already inclusive with all computers since I had it with my Packard Bell pc and later this current Toshiba laptop.  Anyway, the total cost including recovery disk, delivery and VAT etc came to £783.29 which is a saving of £6.70 compared to the likes of Play.com. I wasn't so keen anymore as the savings aren't that great overall, so I clicked on the payment choices and was given a choice of paying my credit card (0.95% surcharge involved), debit card or Paypal.  I logged in my Paypal account through that link and it took me to my page.  I checked my card details were still correct, but then I decided it was far too late to make any sort of big purchase so I just closed off the windows and shut down the computer and went to bed.

You can imagine the surprise I got this morning when I read the email on my phone saying the order went through and should be dispatched by Friday 26th November!!  Lol!  I messaged them around 8:30am to request cancellation of order and that wasn't enough, I called up customer services and explained to Jonathan that I didn't complete the order, was merely checking out all the details to see what total cost would be but did not confirm order with Paypal.  He was nice enough to cancel the order for me and now I don't have to worry about buying something against my full willingness.  Haha!  True, it is a very nice laptop and if I get it I will get to watch nice movies and dramas on it.  Even Youtube would be much more enjoyable.  Mum would certainly appreciate the bigger screen when I show her photos etc.  However, I want to spend more time reviewing and looking around first.  If I were to make a purchase I'd definitely do it before end of the year when the VAT increase comes through.  I'm also thinking of getting a nice speaker set as well.  Again, need more time to look around, investigate and know what I'm getting first.

Oastso sweet

Just had my breakfast and I find my current boxes of porridge oats far too sweet.  A couple of weeks back I was at the new Maryhill Tesco and I got two boxes for £3.  The Winter Pudding and Honey & Almonds were new editions to the popular Oatso Simple range so I wanted to try them.  Ten packets in each box.  Shouldn't be a problem to finish if I have a packet every weekday morning, with a banana.  But for some reason, I am finding these two boxes of oats very sweet.  Finding it hard to eat now.  I am trying to cut down on sweet stuff now.  Trying to avoid putting too much sugar into my body as it is not good for you and can so easily be stored as fat around the body.  Nooooo!  Right, I will finish the remaining nine packets and then return back to Original which when have it feels much healthier as well.  No more crunchiness of the sugar the bottom of the bowl when mixing.  Lol!!

Shall blog later.  Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment