15 November 2010

Day Fifteen


Wow, it has been fifteen days of no Facebook for me and I've not missed it much if at all.  It's strange.  Had thought it would have been harder.  Seriously.  I think those who think they can't do it should actually give it a go.  Not as hard as you might think at first.  I will need a slightly harder challenge next.  Actually, there's an idea!!  I think I might do a different challenge every month!  Hmm... so I'll start off with No Facebook for November.  What could I do for next month?  No chips/ fries?  No fried food?  No chocolate? Oh btw, I've had No Crisps since March 2008, did I tell you that before?  Hahaha!  That's part of my life now.  FREE from the ties of Pringles, McCoys, Walkers, Kettle Chips!!  Haha!  I have forgotten how to eat crisps now! =P

Or how about, instead of the challenge be to abstain from something, how about to DO something?  Like a 50 press ups a day?  For a month?  Haha!  Oooh!  That would be slightly more challenging.  I think it could be something like 50 straight pressups first thing every morning, before I shower or before I leave for the gym etc.  There's an idea!!  Any other suggestions?

My lessons

Today my working hours were 10am-9pm.  Four 2hr lessons.  Lesson One 10am-12pm: Mr C.  Mr C is Cantonese speaking.  Nice guy.  Eager to learn and it shows, cos he seems to pick things up a bit quicker.  Also, he seems to be the youngest of my Cantonese speaking pupils currently which helps.  The others are mostly middle-aged.  We learned Parallel Parking this morning. 

Lesson Two 1pm-3pm: Mr W.  Driving test tomorrow for Mr W.  Also a Cantonese speaker he will resit his test tomorrow after failing it the first time due to nerves (ran up kerb during Left Reverse due to left leg shaking frantically, and moved too slow after emerging on a main road being over cautious).  Pretty confident he'll do it tomorrow as long as the manoeuvre he gets is his favourite. 

Lesson Three 4pm-6pm: Mr A.  This lesson started half an hour late as I had to get a new tyre from Kwik-Fit after spotting a cut in the tyre wall on nearside front.  Mr A was English speaking and today, to my surprise, brought a friend with him who sat at the back of the car.  I didn't like how he didn't tell me beforehand or even ask for permission.  Not that he was disruptive or that I had anything to hide, but it's just common courtesy to inform me beforehand that you wanna bring somebody with you.  Mr A is eager to sit his test, but he is nowhere near test standard.  Today was his second lesson with me though he had some driving experience from his hometown. I told him at the end of the lesson we have to at least cover all the topics of my syllabus before I can give a faire assessment as to when he should book his test.  At the moment I cannot give anything more accurate than roughly January or February time.  As long as we can regularly see each other that would definitely help. 

Lesson Four: Miss P.  English girl with Birmingham accent.  Test in December.  Has been taking lessons in the dark for a good few weeks now as she works.  We find doing manoeuvres much more challenging but praise God she is getting better at them now through perseverance and repetition.  The lesson ended with philosophical conversation about how to find balance between professionalism and being honest, like how to tell a pupil or colleague off when they've done something wrong and/ or dangerous.  It's not easy eh, but I think I need to toughen up.  If someone is wrong I will need to tell them right away.  No point beating around the bush.  This goes for friends as well as pupils.  I gotta be more honest with myself and with others.  It's time to speak your mind, Gordon!!  =D

Thankful

Really thankful that after a long day at work I get to come home to hot food.  Prepared by no other than my mother!  Tonight I had rice with chicken meat, vegetables, Chinese dumplings (siew mai), smoked sausages.  The food filled me up and to top it off I had a glass of vitamin c, just to keep up my defence =)  I washed the dishes and now blogging before I do my admin for today and prep stuff for tomorrow.  See, I don't know what I'd do if I moved out of here.  It's such a nice place to be.  My comfort haven.  Though I have always longed to move out of here, to start my independence and to show my capabilities, I am not sure how I'd manage with my laundry after the gym sessions, the cooked meals and the housework in general.  Mum still does so much even though we're older and she also has a full-time job as well.  Really thank God for my mum.  I think I should take her on another holiday soon.  Spring next year perhaps.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment