01 March 2012

Gone Platinum!!


First day of March and it went off with a good start, weather-wise at least.  For the first time in a long while we had an afternoon of sunshine and I actually felt like I was teaching in a nice summer's day.  It was very indeed.  I cannot remember how many degrees it was outside but my jacket was off and the windows were down.  My pupil was amazed at how nice the weather was.

This day also marks the day I upgraded to the 'Platinum Membership' in Greens Gym.  What this means is, I pay an extra £10 every month on top of my membership fee.  For that extra money I get a whole range of benefits including:

* A complimtary towel each visit of the gym
* One free guest pass each month
* Complimentary personal training session every three months
* One free coffee each month
* 10% off Costa Coffee within Greens

I reckon with the £10 extra, if I visit the gym ten times a month I will at least break even as the towels are £1 each.  I usually bring my own, but now once I finish with their towel I just put it into the towel bin and won't have to carry it around with me if I were not going on.  It also means I can take random visits to the gym purely for a quick shower and head back out.  This will be especially useful in the hot hot summer days that Glasgow will soon be getting, so therefore, I get more much more value out of this.

The free guest pass per month is also very good offer.  I have signed friends in before using their promotional guest passes which they issue each Christmas for use in December and January months.  However, without vouchers, guests are signed in for £10 each time.  Again, just bringing a friend once a month makes the extra money worthwhile.

Free training session every three months will be useful when I want a break from my usual training program and can have someone check my form or give me more advice etc for an hour.  Guess I won't have my first session until June perhaps.

Previously they gave out sunbed vouchers to Platinum members.  But the girl at reception told me today that since Nuffield Health and Fitness bought over Greens they took away the sunbed vouchers and replaced it with a free coffee instead.  Not a bad idea as I would have NO use for any sunbeds.  Haha!!

10% off Costa Coffee is something I will probably use more often.  Though I don't do many coffee shop visits, but the occasional catch up with friends is nice and makes a change from Starbucks anyway.  Plus this place has free parking which not many other places can offer ;)

So there we have it.  I am officially a Platinum Greens member, after being a member since December 2009.

Lesson of the Day:  More like a quote here - "If you keep doing what you're doing, you will keep getting what [results] you're getting.".  It's time to turn up the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment