02 March 2012

Unprofessional

Cat comes back from Singapore tomorrow.  I would have loved to have the bathroom fixed up before she came back, but that will not happen anymore.  As I mentioned on the just two weeks ago we were waiting for Plumber Three to come up to check the wee leak in our bathroom.  He did actually show up the next morning, came up to check out the U-bend, told me we need a new one and that he will also rod the pipes to remove any blockage.  This was a Tuesday afternoon he came up and he told me quite clearly that he would come back "next Wednesday or Thursday" as he was quite busy right now.  He said, "give me a call or text on Tuesday night to remind me and we will arrange a time for me to come up to get the work done.  I know you're a driving instructor, so you won't have to re-arrange lessons to accommodate me.  I live nearby (said the place) and can come in the later hours of the day."  And with that he left, without quoting any costs or whatever.  I was pretty pleased that he came up finally and we even had a chat about the Christian brother who referred him to me.  I told him that he was recommended as "reliable and competitive in price".  He was happy to hear that.

Tuesday finally arrived, this was three days ago now, 29th Feb, Leap Day.  I texted him in the evening around 7PM nicely saying I was asked to remind him to come up Wednesday or Thursday to fit a new U-bend and to rod our pipes and I asked if he was still available to come up.  No response.  So I copied and pasted the message and sent at 11PM.  Nothing again.  Wednesday morning (yesterday) I called him.  First attempt: mobile said the number was temporarily unavailable.  Second attempt ten minutes later: it rang and he picked.  He sounded distracted.  He said he got my text messages from last night but didn't get to reply.  Then he said he did not tell me he was coming up Wednesday or Thursday.  It was Thursday or Friday.  I said he did tell me to text him Tuesday for Wednesday/ Thursday.  He denied it, then said, "Well I'll call you tonight or Thursday morning and tell you when I can come up.  Ok.  Bye."  What the heck!!  I was actually very angry when the call ended like that.  He didn't hang up on me but I was angry because of his denial.  I was also angry that he did not seem to care that we waited over a week for him, only for him to shrug me off like that.  And you know what?!  Up until this very moment he has not called me back at all.  In fact, being the douchebag that I am, I actually gave him a call yesterday around 2PM.  I called his number, it rang a few times then he diverted me to his voicemail.  I didn't leave him a message but texted him once more asking what time he was coming up.  Nothing.  Na-da.  Silence.  =(

So I have resorted to going for a professional plumbing company.  I have spoken to them already on the phone.  They told me how they can send workmen out by 08:30AM the next weekday morning.  That is amazing service.  I have no doubt about this reputable company and I look forward to dealing with them this once and trust they will get everything done once and for all.  Money, is not an issue.  Peace of mind and TRUST is of the utmost importance.  I will update y'all with good news once the job is done.

Lesson of the Day: If you want a job done quickly and properly, use PROFESSIONALS.  Don't just jump to referrals, cos although they might be "good/ reliable" to one person, they might not treat you the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment