10 March 2012

Meeting the parents


An earlier blogpost tonight.  It's 9:30PM and we've not long gotten home after a day out visiting the wedding reception, the church, the little town called Boston and also dinner with Leanne's parents Norman and Marilyn.

Although I had a good day yesterday I felt today was even better.  Yesterday was chilled and productive as we got lots of stuff for the wedding etc and chilled out to watch TV, ate dinner together and played LOTS of FIFA 12.  Ok, Ian and I played LOTS of FIFA.  I think Leanne got a bit bored.  =P  Leanne likes computer games too, but not football games.  So I think she won't be much interested when FIFA 13 comes out either.  Haha!  Today was a busier day, we done lots more and I also got to meet Leanne's family.  Initially I was a little nervous when Ian told me whilst I still in Glasgow that we'd have dinner with Leanne's mum and dad on Saturday night.  I was wondering what they'd be like, if we'd get on, if they would understand me.  Basically if we'd click.  Being Chinese also, I do have a slight fear of inferiority at times.  It has taken me a while to understand from Ian and Leanne that they do not let my black hair and yellow skin get in the way of my character, my personality and our friendship.  So as Leanne drove to Boston, along the fields and along an unexpected diversion route, I was a little apprehensive about meeting them, yet also excited.  I also felt a little nervous in the sense that it was like a 'meet the parents' situation.  For a few years now Ian and I have been calling each other Brothers, and so I felt like I was 'meeting the parents' too as I am so close to Ian.  The car pulled up at the driveway and Leanne tooted the horn.  I cringed a bit thinking we'd attract too much attention for this Chinaman getting out of her Fiesta and walking up to the house.  Haha!  Mrs Sibley opened the door and greeted us with smiles and good banter.  Everything was friendly and the ice was broken when Leanne told her mum that I was feeling nervous.  Haha!  Guess honesty is the best policy.  And then after meeting and shaking hands with Mr Sibley, everything else flowed.  The conversations were aplenty, laughs aplenty, especially with Ian being there.  I got to meet the two dogs Chloe and Molly.  =)

We went for a quick trip to Boston town centre and I got to visit Greggs for lunch and Wilkinsons.  For lunch I had a Cornish pasty and a mexican baguette sandwich from Greggs.  We went to Tesco also and I bought a few things from there for the train home tomorrow like drinks, pasta and sandwich filler.  Ian offered to make me sandwiches to take on board tomorrow instead of me spending money buying sandwiches from Tesco.  How very kind of Ian.  One of the many things I have discovered about Ian this weekend is how he likes to save money and knows how to. We had dinner together at The Barge Pub and Restaurant and the five of us shared good food in great company.  The conversations flowed along with the laughter.  Tonight I went all out again and had ANOTHER platter sized meal - a 24oz Mixed Grill!!  The grill had pork, lamb, gammon, rump, chicken, sausage, and egg served with chips, peas, mushroom and onion rings.  The whole thing took me around 35-40mins to complete.  I didn't specifically time it, but the timestamp on my before and after pictures give me a rough indication.  Once again I was the last one to finish my meal and I also could not order a dessert from the sweet board.  LOL!  It was a lovely dinner though and once again, thanks to Ian and Leanne for paying this meal.

So this is it then.  I am getting ready to go back downstairs to play FIFA 12 with Ian and before that to look through all the pictures and videos of the last few days.  So far I have 462 items to check out, consisting of pictures and videos.  Total size of my Grantham folder is 15.7GB!  Haha!! Such fun long weekend I could not stop myself from taking lots of pictures.  Finally I can be myself I think.  Doing what I love doing, what I enjoy doing, joking the way I want to joke, having fun the way I enjoy.  =D

Lesson of the Day: Life is too short to be all serious all the time.  Have fun.  Have a laugh.  It makes life more enjoyable!  :)

Follow Up...

No comments:

Post a Comment