13 March 2012

Don't give up

It was quite funny.  This morning I was watching a random video on YouTube by Jayesslee.  The video was "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz.  I think it was link on my Facebook News Feeds.  At the end of the video it showed a verse from the Bible, taken from Galatians 6:9 -

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." 

Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes it is very difficult to be "good" all the time?  That it is difficult to be "nice" all the time? Sometimes I feel that going out my way to please others is such a tough thing to do.  When I do these things, I always remind myself that I am making a difference to somebody's life, to somebody's day, and it is worth it.  However, some of the time, if not all of the time, I am the one losing out.  And then I get frustrated, I get upset, and I feel that the person got "what they want" but "what about me?".  Does anybody else feel that?

God teaches us to selfless, to "consider others better than yourself" - Philippians 2:3

I find it very tough sometimes and really need some encouragement.  I was quite surprised I got it after watching the video.  Yes it was random but sometimes that is how God works.  When you least expect it.  What I am encouraged by is that the Bible tells me that if I continue doing good - and I presume this encompasses my Christian duties as well as life in general - that eventually something good will happen out of it.  Here's hoping.  Cos I sometimes do feel very tired of it all.  Smiling when I don't feel like it.  Being helpful when I am busy.  Going out of my way for others.  But in the end I look foward to the hope I have in God.  =)



Lesson of the Day: Keep doing what you feel is right.  It might be tough, but will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment