05 March 2012

Making an effort


Check this out. I've been sat here outside Chinatown since just before 9am for a lesson 9-10:30AM. Called pupil at 9:10am... Voicemail. Called her husband at 9:20AM... both still in bed. Pupil said will "be there ten mins". Getting from Ibrox to Cowcaddens via subway will take much more than ten mins!

How frustrating. Driving test next Monday and that's how she gears up for it. I made effort to start early for her and shortened other lessons to an hour to accommodate her. Back to back lessons today till 6pm so she can't get any over time with me.

===

Ok, that was this morning.  Pupil eventually showed up, dropped off by husband.  Lesson went ahead and finished in the scheduled time as I had to get ready for the next lesson.  I really do my best to avoid knock-on effects on subsquent lessons.  Bit like the cinema.  If you buy a ticket for 9AM showing and you don't get to your seat till half hour or more later, then the film still finishes at the prescribed time.  This world is not TiVo.  It's only fair.  I have a business to run.  Isn't it ironic that I just talked about people being late for lessons in yesterday's blogpost, then this happened this morning.  A great example of "be careful of what you say".  Haha!

So I called the real plumbers this morning and arranged for them to come on Wednesday morning.  Woman on the phone cos I'm in Dennistoun they'll get here between 8:30AM-9AM.  I'm fine with that.  By the sound of things they can get the jobs done on the same day and I'd be happy to pay for the peace of mind and have everything settled once and for all.  Fortunately mum and Cat will both be at work, so it'll be just me who will see the workmen make the mess and do the stuff etc.  Hopefully I can clean up before I leave for work so when mum and Cat come home everything is in working order.  =)

I got up at 5:30AM this morning.  So early because I had to make my lunch and sandwiches for today's breaks between lessons.  Left the house after washing up and managed to reach the gym for 6:40AM.  Got my free towel from reception.  No idea why, but it feels so good asking for a towel now.  Maybe the novelty will wear off soon lol!  Is it because it is free that makes it more special?  Or is it because I know I have paid more towards my membership so I feel more special?  Haha!  Oh, I don't know.  But what I do know is I should continue working out hard at the gym.  Sweat buckets this morning especially as my new training regime has me doing 40 seconds of 'cardio' in between every set of exercise.  So I chose skipping in between sets and later burpees in between sets.  These are to keep the heart rate going and increasing fat burning action whilst resting between sets.  Effective stuff I tell ya!

Same again tomorrow.  5:30AM alarm is set.  Time for bed... after watching an episode of "Live of Omission" TVB drama.  I know it is from last year, but I have a few episodes before it ends so I will just finish it off.  Goodnight y'all!

Lesson of the Day: Keep working hard at whatever you do.  It will be noticed by someone somewhere.  Or the very least, by God.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment