16 March 2012

Chilling out


Taking things really slow tonight.  Aiming for a really chilled night tonight.  This time last week I was sipping on whiskey with Ian bro.  Ok, I won't lie, I was throwing it back real quick at times.  But that was because I had it diluted with lemonade being the lightweight I am.  Haha!  Today, well I was just working.  Started 10AM and finished 4PM then had an appointment with Stephanie at 4:45PM for a back scrub and back, neck and shoulder massage.  Had this booked a few weeks back as it would be a nice way to relax after a week of work and had not had a relieving massage for a long while.  So after finishing work I headed down to town, near Central Station and had my treatments done.  The back I had a Mineral Salt Scrub Treatment where she used a salt scrub on the skin of my upper and lower back and it took off the dead skin.   I've never had this done before so at first it hurt a little as the minerals were quite rough on the skin.  However, the "pain" was bearable and I knew it was good for me.  After the scrub she put on some lotion which was a bit "tingly".  Obviously, because my skin felt like it had just been scrubbed with a brillo pad!  LOL!  Again, initial contact was stingy but then it settled.  Stephanie then hovered a steamer machine thing over my back and this killed any bacteria on the skin whilst refreshing it.  This lasted about 6-8 minutes.  Finally came the Dermalogica moisturiser on the back.  Ahh bliss!  =)

After that settled it was time for the back, neck and shoulder massage.  Whilst getting the back scrub done I was thinking if I made the right choice of getting these two treatments done together.  What if the skin on the back was too raw for massaging?  I was getting ripped to shreds!  But, no.  Stephanie asked if I wanted the massage to help me feel revitalised or feel relaxed.  I chose relaxed and she used the particular oil to achieve this.  The massage was very nice.  She managed to pushed almost all of the knots and tension on my back muscles due to my workouts etc and it felt so gooood!!  Something that foam rollers cannot achieve.  Haha!!

At the end of it all Stephanie gave me a glass of water and told me to take my time in getting up to leave.  My back felt so refreshed, so hydrated.  Even until now it's so smooth!!  The back is always a very hard part to clean and see properly.  And because the lungs are at the back, the refreshed skin is very good for it.  The amount of sweating at workouts will no doubt block up the pores and skin again and I'll go back for the treatment again in the future.

Going to stay relaxed for the rest of the night.  Not going to go on Facebook.  Going to go to bed early.  Long day tomorrow.  Working 8:30AM-5:30PM on a Saturday!!  =O  Ok, time to go now.  It is 8:30PM and I'm going to watch New Girl on Ch4.  Continue where we left off in Grantham ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment