07 March 2012

Finally sorted!

Been getting up extra early the past few mornings, mainly due to starting work earlier than usual and having to get lunch and snacks prepared before heading out to the gym.  Usually lunch prep happens after I get back from the gym, but that was not possible on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  However, it was worth it in the end as Nelson passed his driving test, as mentioned in yesterday's post.  This morning I went to the gym as well but did not need to get up quite as early, just 5:55AM.  Got up, had my protein shake, quickly packed my stuff and then went to get fuel along the way to the gym.  Did my workout and managed to get home for 8:10AM.  Plenty of time for the plumber to arrive.  Around 8:45AM somebody chapped my main door.  I looked through the peephole and saw a man with his head down.  He had a beanie hat on.  Didn't quite look like a plumber.  I opened with curiosity, already thinking in my head of how to decline the man if he asked for "a few minutes of my time" to tell me about some charity etc.  With the door open I could see him holding a box with Amazon on it.  He said he had a parcel for me.  Ah yes, my Swiss Gear laptop bag!!  =D  I was happy to sign for it then opened the box to find what you see on the above link.  A nice blue and black backpack with lots of great padding, openings, compartments and a good quality feel to it.  I look forward to using it to carry my laptop down to Grantham in Lincolnshire to see Ian and Leanne.  =)

The plumber guy came at around 8:50AM and sorted the toilet out for us.  Without going into too much detail, he was a nice guy, Neil, who could not replicate the faults I was telling him about, but seeing the video on my phone (HD 1080p quality!) he understood the problem set about rodding the soil pipe then later fit a new U-bend for us.  Neil left about 11:20AM, I cleaned up a bit, hoovered, then had lunch.  I was soooo hungry!!  The cost was not cheap, but I was glad to pay for peace of mind and an actual professional who has been on the job for six years.  Everytime he left the house to go to the van or to get the parts he would explain to me where he was going etc.

The day didn't end there.  Plumbing job done, lunch was rushed, then off to work.  Finished work at 4PM and went to watch "This Means War" at 6:30PM.  After that went to Tesco to buy a few things to bring down for Ian and Leanne.  I'm soo looking forward to the wee break down to see them.  Get to relax, not have to drive also!  Not taken a wee break away since going to Dublin back in Dec 2010!  Life has been all about work work work!!

Lesson of the Day: All work and no play makes G a dull boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment