05 December 2011

Snow 2011

Yesterday morning the snow started falling for about three minutes before it all melted again.  The small flurry brought quick reactions from Facebook users, and I imagine from this Tweeters too, all announcing the snowfall in Glasgow.  However, the snowfall was short lived and everyone was left bemused and life carried on as normal.  By mid afternoon there was sleet and that made carrying/ transporting the PA equipment between churches quite troublesome.  However, God blessed us with three cars taking stuff to church and two cars taking stuff back.  Many cars, and hands, make light work.  =)

The heavy snow started to fall from around 11PM last night and by this morning it covered pretty much everything.  Currently as I type this, 3:35PM, it is snowing again, after a short break between mid-morning and afternoon.  I remember this time last year we already had over a week of snowfall and that brought the nation to standstill. This year we should be thankful that it was delayed because if it had arrived on 27th November again it would have affected our EM Autumn Retreat, at least the last day.  Last year I was so peed off at one point when there were so many inaccurate forecasts of snow and that affected the scheduling of my driving lessons, and of course my income.  This year the city councils are all promising us they are "better prepared" for the bad weather and will hope to make sure life can carry on as normal even with the snow here.  I hope I will be "better prepared" also with regards to my lessons and not expect too much, so can save on the stress and anger.  Haha!

Being productive

Today so happened I had no driving lessons.  Was meant to have a new pupil starting today, but she lost her provisional licence counterpart and we have to wait for it's arrival before she can take lessons.  Also the afternoon lesson was rescheduled for tomorrow anyway (here's hoping it can take place!).  So I had a good lie-in, then after the snow stopped I went to the gym with Cat and had a good workout without the usual time restrictions I have other mornings before work.  Once I got home Cat made soup and risotto, which I had the pleasure of eating as my post-workout meal, with added chicken.

So tonight what am I going to do with my spare time?  Well mum just got in from work about twenty minutes ago.  I have a few things I need to sort out:

1) Ironing
2) Catch up with my emails - 17 unread emails in my gmail, mostly fitness stuff
3) Do something on Word
4) Something else... can't remember what, but I know I have stuff to do for sure.

Ok, so I better get cracking with my stuff then.  I'll get ironing done now.  Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment