20 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Five days to go!!

Five days till Christmas and there is no snow, there is a forecast of 11C for Glasgow on Thursday AND I've still got this cold!!  Argh!!  More coughing today during lessons; covered my mouth of course!  But later on I started sneezing as well.  NOT a good sign!  Here I was thinking I was getting a bit better. Sigh... Maybe this is 'bad' before the 'good'.  Currently struggling to breathe through my right nostril.  Gah!!

Anyhows, better get to sleep soon.  Only up this "late" cos I just finished watching an old Chinese movie with mum through Youtube.  Connected the laptop through to the TV and played all ten parts of The Romancing Star, a 1987 movie which we had not seen before and I only watched the first part two days ago when I was randomly searching for Eric Tsang funny stuff.  Haha!  It was a typical Chinese romantic comedy with lots of laughs mixed with mistaken identities, chasing of girls and typical tongue-in-cheek moments.  It was nice to watch this movie with mum as it meant she was in a relaxed state on the couch as opposed to being busy in the kitchen etc.  =)

Looks like I'll be missing the gym for yet another day tomorrow.  It's horrible.  But at least I still got to workout at home a little.  Managed to do workout yesterday (joined by Cat) and this morning myself.  Then morning shower and breakfast and I'm ready to start the day.  Home workouts are great.  Not necessary a lot of floor space required for an effective workout.  I am storing up / learning good new routines that will come in handy for those days when I'm snowed in and can't even drive to the gym.  Lol!  Yup, better plan ahead.  I'm currently also testing out a workout program for a brother in Christ and by keeping accountable we're doing the exercises at the same time each morning, after we do devotions.  It's a good way to maintain our spiritual and physical health.  Both are equally important.

I thought up a slogan for this: "Devotion to God.  Dedication to fitness."

If this idea is successful and we might even get more brothers (possibly sisters?) involved, we could start a good healthy club going.  Will definitely be using that slogan then.  You know where you've seen it first!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment