26 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Boxing Day

Came home quite late last night from dinner at Aaron Sam's place.  So after getting home, shower, opening Christmas presents and going online, it didn't leave much time to sleep before today's Boxing Day Sale.  Just before bed I found out, via responses on my Facebook status, that the Next Sale was scheduled to start at 6AM, not the traditional 7AM like in previous years.  That gave me a little dilemma.  Mum was due to start work at 7AM on Sauchiehall Street, so I promised her I'd take her to work by 6:45AM, drop her off, drive along a little further then park up and go to Next Sale.  Win-win situation.  However, if the sale were to start at 6AM then I'd have to work something else out.  Gave it a few moments of thought then decided to go to bed and had alarm set for 5AM...

5AM arrived and the alarm went off.  Only once this time as I didn't snooze.  Good boy!  Then I got up, got ready for going out, had porridge with a banana (no muesli this time), had a cup of tea with two croissants AND two antibiotic tablets.  Then I left the house at 5:45AM and headed out for Next to meet Xiaoling.  It was her first time checking out the Next Sale at opening time, and this was the earliest at 6AM!!  Haha!  Hardcore stuff man!  So I went to get my essentials, underwear and socks and whilst looking for something for Kenneth I came across a plain white shirt also and grabbed that in excitement!!  Paid for my stuff (three-figure sum??) then headed home to pick mum up.  Oh yeah, before I left Next I took a picture of the shopfloor at 6:20AM.  Check the picture out here (if you are my Fb friend).

Got home, dropped my stuff off, took mum to work in plenty of time, then went back out to Next to meet Xiaoling.  After Next was River Island, after River Island it was 8AM and I had to move my car from a single yellow line road (outside Cineworld) into Chinatown carpark, hoping for free parking if there were no parking attendant guy in the cabin box thing.  Nope, no guy there.  Great!  Walked back out to town, this time to Frasers, then Zara.  Bumped into Vivian Lai in Frasers then Danny and Candy when queueing outside Zara.  Again another stampede took place once the doors of Zara opened.  This time not as bad as the Buchanan Galleries one cos this female security guard was huge!!  =P  Zara Men was disappointing again.  Nothing there suitable to me.  I tried one thin wool top on: L was too tight.  XL was too loose.  Fail!!  Haha!  Went for breakfast at Costa Coffee back up at Buchanan Galleries and bumped into Joey.  After our break Xiaoling went to meet Alethea for girly shopping whilst I went to Cineworld to watch "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows".  It was quite a good film.  Funny, witty and often very clever ;)

After the movie I was beginning to feel tired so decided to go home.  Took a slight detour to visit the nearby HMV first before really going home.  Mainly looked at the blu-rays section and dvd boxsets but didn't find anything worth getting.  Saw this guy holding all four seasons of Heroes on blu-ray though.  Had a really tempting moment there.  But when I went to check out the shelves, only seasons one and four were left, at £15 each.  Doh!  Never mind!  I got home and went online again, checked some stuff out, Play.com being one of my sites, then checked out reviews on mobile phones, football scores and later it was time to cook the turkey for dinner with mum when she got home.  The turkey took quite a long time.  1hr 50mins initially, remove foil, put in another 30mins basting it occasionally then recover with foil and sit for 30mins.  So it was about 6PM when we started dinner.  I washed up after dinner, unpacked all my shopping, showered and tried on my white shirt.  Guess what!!  I actually later found out that my shirt was NOT part of the Next Sale!!  It was a non-sale item but somebody had slotted it into the 16.5ins shirt tray with everything else, and in my excitement I grabbed it.  No wonder it came to triple figures!!  LOL!  Ah well, I really liked the shirt.  Next Signature brand.  Even the collarbones are metal and there are two spares also!  Haha!  Hard to find a white shirt that fits AND is not see-through, so I'll keep it this time =P

So there you have it.  Eventful busy morning but a quiet and unexciting evening.  And now I'm feelinng tired although it is only 10:30PM.  Usually still 'early' for me, but I think after this I will brush, floss and scrape then head to bed.  Back to work tomorrow.  Still occasionally coughing but nothing like few days ago.  Voice still a little hoarse (noticed by people yesterday and this morning) but nothing like few days ago.  Two more days of antibiotics to finish and I really hope I will be fully fit again.  So... working tomorrow 10AM-3PM then gym after that.  Really wanna get back into routine now.  Have not stepped into Greens since last Saturday I think (17th!!)  =O

No comments:

Post a Comment