21 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Four days to go!!

Meant to be in bed right now, but have been tempted/ distracted by a website: Vodafone.co.uk.

My current contract expires mid-Feb, Vodafone allows upgrading up to 90 days before contract ends.  It was almost a year ago when Vodafone offered me Half Price Line Rental for a 12-month term, meaning I was due to pay £17.50 a month and still get the full benefits of my tariff - 600 Anytime minutes, Unlimited text messages, Unlimited Data usage and Stop the Clock.  The 12-month is running out soon, and although I was previously told I would get nine months at £17.50 and the last three at full tariff, out of goodwill (and my miscalculation), I called up Vodafone and they kindly discounted my tariff again in November AND December bills.  Praise God!  =)  However, now I know it is definitely time to get a replacement phone.  My phone (HTC Magic) has lost it's magic.  Coming up to being two and a half years old, it is running uber slow, the contact name/ number often don't display when the phone rings, camera takes ages to load and process pictures, even turning the phone back to the welcome screen (pressing of home button) takes such a loooong while to refresh.  I can no longer use the quick way of Google-searching things which this phone was designed for also, due to the loooong lagging delays.  As you can imagine, this has bad effects for when running a business and of course for my social life (Fb, texting, Whatsapp etc).  Oh yeah, I cannot seem to view video clips that people send through Whatsapp either!  Grrrr!!

So I have my eyes set on another Android phone.  I have grown attached to having my Google accounts linked directly to this phone, having everything at my disposal.  So the Samsung Galaxy SII is something in my focus.  But I'm trying to figure out which is the best deal to get with Vodafone.  I will not look to end this contract, cancel, then restart a new contract.  Will not take any tricky routes or try any loopholes as such because I do not want to port my number across or anything that might disrupt my business calls.  So... I think I will be busy these next few days trying to figure this out and calculating.  Haha!

Missed the gym for the third day now.  Still managed to do some workout at home after my morning devos, but just not the same is it?  Well, can't be helped really.  My 'cold' or 'sickness' has not gotten any better.  My voice has gotten rougher in fact and was today teaching whilst clearing my throat very often to make sure I am heard and that I don't sound too 'froggy'.  Sake man, how frustrating.  I am meant to go to Henry's birthday dinner at Prezzo tomorrow evening as well.  I finish work at 2:30PM, so hopefully no more coughing fits either.  We'll see how I feel after work before I finally decide.  I need proper rest, but haven't taken a day off so far as any cancellations made less than 48hrs before will be charged, meaning I will the pupil a lesson.  So I called my Friday lessons off today and explained I was not well.  Thankfully the Friday lessons are for pupils who saw me in my sorry state on Monday when I was coughing like crazy then as well.  I'll see them next Friday instead.  That way I will not risk giving them any more of my germs =(

Ok, to bed I go!!  Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment