22 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Three days to go!!

Just three days till Christmas and I am still unwell.  I couldn't get up this morning for devotions and exercise.  The alarm went off at 7:15AM and it was my second time getting up.  First time was around 3:40AM when I got up for the toilet.  In fact I woke up cos I felt I couldn't sleep.  Think maybe the temperature was too hot or something.  I suspected fever, but thankfully no more signs of it through the day.  Anyway, I silenced the alarm the slumped back to bed.  I couldn't handle getting up and just wanted to give my body a rest.  A little rest turned into a long rest and I sprung up at the discovery of the time on my phone, 9AM!!  I had half an hour to get myself ready and out of the house for my 10AM lesson at Maryhill area!!  Gosh!

Made it on time for the lesson but I sooo wasn't in the mood for work today.  Gah!!  My voice had gotten much rougher through the night and it was not clearing today.  So each time I spoke it was very coarse, very croaky.  I didn't like it.  =(  First lesson was two hour long, after which I had a lunch break before second lesson of one and a half hours.  I was sooo relieved at the end of the second lesson.  I went home to get changed and then had to decide given my condition did not improve through the day, that it was not worth going out to Henry's birthday dinner.  It would be unfair of me to spread any germs around my friends.  Not a very good nice birthday gift for Henry either.  So I had to text him to apologise.  =(

I have a day off tomorrow though and hopefully I will get a long lie in.  Might get up 8:30AM and call the local surgery and see if I can get an appointment to see the GP.  Might need some antibiotics for this if there is so much bateria in me.  =(  Meant to be resting tomorrow but already I have a few things I plan to do: read, collect stuff to give to local Salvation Army shop, hoover the house, iron a new shirt, call the DVLA to make an enquiry (must call before noon when they shut!), select songs to burn onto an MP3 cd, and last but not least, contact Vodafone to ask if they can give me an unlocking code for my HTC Magic.

Oh!  More on that last point!  I made a really cool discovery, just moments ago!  I was searching on Google for HTC Magic unlocking codes.  I wanted to see if I can unlock the phone from Vodafone so it makes it more flexible for use with other sim cards, like UK networks or even abroad to HK or next year, Singapore.  I remember I called up Vodafone for unlocking code for my K800i waaaaay back when as I came to end of contract with them.  They gave me the code no bother.  So I was curious whether technology has advanced since then (2007?) and I might get a code off the internet instead.  Whilst searching I came across some websites asking for IMEI numbers before they sold you a code for about £10-£20.  Among the searches there were also threads that discussed unlocking codes and someone said that Vodafone don't tend to lock their phones anymore, that some phones are just branded Vodafone but works with other network sim cards.  So.... I was very intrigued by this and thought to try my Orange PAYG sim card on the HTC Magic.  And... it WORKED!!  It took a few moments for the sim to be picked up and a signal established.  Although the startup screen displayed Vodafone as per usual, the Orange signal was strong and I was able to call "453" and it told me the account balance of my Orange sim card!  Whoo-hoo!  How cool is that?  That's one less item on my to-do list for tomorrow!  Haha!!  So now it seems I have two sim free phones at home.  Will be handy when travelling abroad or when there are visitors in Glasgow who require a phone I can lend them either my Ericsson K810i or HTC Magic, but for the latter, would have to warn about lagging etc.  Haha!  Nah, won't be that bad after a I perform a handset reset.  Oooh yeah!  Will do that once I get a replacement phone.  Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment