18 December 2011

Christmas 2011: One week to go!

One week till it's Christmas.  This time next week I'll be wishing y'all Merry Christmas!!  =D

Really, time does fly by huh?  Today at EM Service we spent some time reflecting on the goodness of God in our lives in the year of 2011.  A few people have shared how they felt God's blessings through new birth in their families, through God being in control in all aspects of their lives, how God bless them through encouragement and accountability from others.  Not everyone jumped at the chance to share, but I am pretty certain inside that God had touched each and every person in the room (and more!) at some point in the last 365 day.  I myself feel so blessed by His guidance in my life.  At the start of the year I was still recovering from an incident from end of 2010 which took time to get over and time for me to get my head around.  That settled after a while of prayers and forgiveness from God and ourselves.  Then the highlight of the year was when I left the AA Driving School franchise and became an independent driving instructor, truly working for myself and under my own "company".  This is always a "risky" move because once independent you do not have any back up of a driving school to give you support or advice etc.  You have to rely pretty much on yourself from sourcing pupils to maintaining pupils and recruiting more later.  I really thank God for blessing me with experienced driving instructors who would give me words of wisdom and who pointed me in the right direction.  I was and still am blessed with instructor friends whom I can liaise with whenever I need that listening ear and we help each other out too.  I feel this has been a big important yet successful move for me but made So Easy, but only because of God =)

Have just checked the Glasgow weather for this week.  So far no signs of snow.  Ok, that's a good thing, although it has turned really cold nowadays.  Last Friday (16th) we had overnight snow which stayed till the morning and I was off work again.  The snow this time was not as bad last the snowfall previous Monday, but due to health and safety it was better not to have lessons with those scheduled pupils.  As for that reason I am seeing them tomorrow.  Will be starting at 11:30AM and finishing at 4:30PM.  Not a busy week ahead, which is just as well, seeing as I am not very well either.  Have developed a cough in the past few days.  I think I got it from my mum who got it from her workplace.  Or did I get it from pupils who were not well during driving lessons.  My jobs means I get more exposure to more people.  Hmm...  either way, being unwell means unfit to train which is a biggest bummer.  I will still work, because the cough is not that bad, and I try to open the window to get more fresh air in and also not let any germs (if any) breed in a stuffy environment.  See how considerate I am?  =P  Let's just hope my voice is sustained and does not go all croaky again!  Will not be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment