28 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Inbetween Days

Today was the last day of me taking antibiotics.  The five-day course has came to it's end.  I took the last two pills just before leaving the house for work in the morning.  And I hope no more pills again for a long time.  I can't actually remember the last time I had any medication for being ill.  Actually I think last winter I had Beechams Powder to eradicate cold-like symptoms (sore throat, slight cough etc).  Guess this year I was not quick enough in taking action against the symptoms and they took over.  Haha!  So after taking this course of antibiotics, I do feel lots better.  At least I managed to return to work for the second day today.  There were moments when coughing got in the way, like during my second lesson and I was teaching the Left Reverse manoeuvre for the first time to a pupil and had to talk lots to explain everything.  The itchiness of throat with the weakness of lung and feeling of breathlessness made me cough more than a few times.  =(  Again, always covered up and followed up "pardon me!".

The coughing also irritated me after work.  Even when I was talking to Oz when we were hanging out, at the shopping centre, at Hollister, at the cinema and during dinner.  =(  I am really glad Oz didn't mind, and glad that I can be myself, although it was embarrassing speaking half a sentence and stopping halfway to cough!  Haha!  It was good to catch up with Oz.  Enjoyed "Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol" and then had nice dinner at Nando's, the second attempt at getting our chicken.  The first branch we discovered was CLOSED because the ovens was broken down!  Haha!  Gosh!!  I'm glad we got to the Xscape branch with an hour to eat before closing time.  Lol!

And tomorrow it will be time for the gym!!  Looking forward to it. Yesterday's gym session was my first visit in over a week and was a pretty lethargic experience and disappointing.  I still don't feel my lunges are at 100% capacity yet with the occasional shortness of breath when gasping for air, the nose being runny and the need to cough when throat feels tickled.  Had to refrain from coughing as much as I could cos it would not leave a good impression coughing so much in front other gym users especially when we all share equipment etc.  Anyway, I really wanna fight these germs and bugs and really want my focus back tomorrow!!

These days inbetween Christmas and New Year are the strange days for different people.  Some are still on holiday mode.  Some are back to work.  Even those who are back to work are on holiday mode!  Haha!  So I hope everyone is enjoying this very relaxed period of the calendar.  Once New Year comes and passes, everything will be "back to normal" and then we'll slowly forget these "happy days".  But at least we will have lots of new things to look forward to, lots of hopes and dreams to realise, lots of targets to meet =)

No comments:

Post a Comment