02 December 2010

Quality Time

It is well below freezing outside right now.  On the way home from church meeting the thermometer read -7C.  Nick also texted me telling me the River Clyde had frozen over.  Man, this is crazy.  Looks like tomorrow is yet another day of unemployment!  This is really disappointing.  My last driving lesson was last Saturday 1pm-3pm when I took a pupil out and we only drove on the main roads as we could not see the kerbs to do any manoeuvres and had to avoid quiet side streets in fear of skidding or getting stuck.  It's ok getting stuck but skidding so close to cars was definitely something not to risk.  Anyway, been out of work for a week and have complained about being bored, but tonight after attending the EM meeting discussing the upcoming events, I feel God's calling for me to help out again.  Have been taking the back seat in the EM in recent months due to being busy with work and on average finishing 8-9pm each night.  Life was busy back in the months where there is sunshine.  But I am left slapping flies (Chinese phrase) when there is snow, at least this amount of snow around.  Sigh.  Was asked yesterday if I anticipated this happening [being out of work due to weather] and my response to that is I did not anticipate having this bad weather quite so soon!  Last year the snowfall and big freeze didn't really get to us until January and February time.  This year is the first year since 1965 or something that heavy snowfall arrived in November!!  Sigh... I had anticipated this month still to be a working month which meant I could earn and save for the winter time.  But turns out I have started my unpaid holiday much sooner.  Lips are feeling chapped.  Have applied Nivea Soothe & Protect lipbalm thing.  Think I need a new one, this one is quite dated and passed it twelve months recommended time frame.

Sibling time

Without spending another day bored at home again I decided to go to the gym with Cat.  To save her from driving in the snow I drove out and pointed out some tips about driving in the snow and what to more aware of etc.  When we got to the carpark I had the chance to help another man push a Mercedes Benz whose car was skidding around as he tried to move away with his rear wheel drive.  These expensive cars might be great to look at three quarters of the year but come winter they are just as helpless, if not more, as other cars around.  One push of the rear of the car to the side and the car was free from the wee ditch it created and it was able to move away slowly on flat snow and gained enough momentum to leave the car park.

At the gym we both did some running then went through to the weights room where I worked on my shoulders and Cat did squats.  I gave her a wee hand with the bar at the start, then she carried on herself and did quite well.  I also did some ab circuit as well before we headed down for the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.  It was Cat's first time there since joining the gym in February of this year.  I actually joined in December last year.  Roughly around this time aye =)  Actually the 15th of December was when I joined Greens.  We had lunch at home and then went out to Silverburn shopping centre for some shopping.  Popped into Debehams, Hawkins Bazaar, Boots, M&S and Tesco before going to Nando's for dinner.  Nando's was nice.  We didn't go for anything spicy this time, just Lemon and Herbs flavouring and it was nice with creamy potato mash, spicy rice (not spicy at all eh!) and peas.  During the dinner Cat asked me if I had learnt anything whilst being off Facebook for a month. I told her it made me realise how I do not need Facebook as much as I thought I did.  That I could managed fine without it.  I am back on it now, but with much less intensity and frequency as before.  Even today I only logged on Fb with my phone twice in the whole shopping time.  Once was to check for notifications and the second time to check if my Nando's picture got through ok.  Haha!  Some old habits are hard to break (sharing pictures of food), however, others have definitely changed.

It was nice to spend time with Cat today.  We're usually both very busy with work and doing different shifts means we do not see each other that many hours a day.  But since we were both "on holiday" we hung out for the first time in years.... actually first time ever I think?  Haha!  Also, us being out meant that mum didn't have to rush home after her work.  She usually rushes home to prepare dinner for us which we always tell her not to rush or put pressure on herself and we sometimes offer to help too, but to no avail, as mum likes to do everything herself.  Haha!  So mum got to relax and we also had some retail therapy.  Win-win sitation!  Praise God! =)

Foolish

Later this evening after I got home I read some stuff that made me feel sad.  After the sadness came a slight feeling of foolishness.  And with foolishness came many questions.  Questions that I know will not get answered and that I should leave them.  I should not have any expectation to have anything answered, but I cannot help but feel a bit used.  I don't want to believe this feeling.  It can't be right, right?  =/

Maybe it's time I needed a shoulder...


No comments:

Post a Comment