01 December 2010

I'm back!!

So I came back on Facebook after a whole month's absence.  I woke up this morning at 6:10am, sprang out of bed and the first thing I did was... was... looked out the window to check the snow!  Haha!  Wanted to see if I could drive out to the gym.  So I took my time in getting ready, had a protein shake (the water was sooo cold!) and made my way down to the car at 6:50am.  It took me three goes to clean all the snow off my car.  I had to take two breaks because my hands were bitterly bitterly cold, so cold to the point that went I put my right hand into my jacket pocket to grab my car key out, I could hear my hand moving keys but I could totally not feel the keys at all!  How weird was that!  It wasn't just weird, it was painful.  Yes, I think it was so cold it was heading toward froze bite or something crazy like that.  And I was using that squeegee thing to remove the snow, what if I had used a standard ice scraper which is much smaller?  Once I was inside the car I turned the heating on full blast and I blew hot air onto my hands.  Each break took about 5-10mins before my hands were warm enough for me to step out and continue scraping.  Across the road were two guys trying to get into their R-reg Rover but they couldn't get in because their front doors appeared to have frozen shut.  I could not offer any help to them.  I had no anti-freeze or anything.  In fact, I had to reserve whatever heat and strength I had left on clearing the snow off my car.  Just when I thought I was nearly done the snow storm started again and along with it the wind chill!!  Argh!!  With visibility plummeting and fingers nearly falling off, I decided to retreat back home first and see how the weather pans out later on before deciding if I could go to the gym.

I sat in the living room watching BBC Breakfast and 80% of the news was on the weather warnings, the snow, the disruptions etc.  It was a live programme, but felt like it was on loop!  Lol!  By 9am the snow stopped and the school kids seemed to have all gone back home after being told schools were closed.  So I had a quick cup of tea to warm myself up and headed out to the gym.  Fairly glad that I went, because the gym was quite quiet (understandably) and I got on with my workout without any problems.  Managed to run on the treadmill twice, doing interval training to try and shed more fat.  Then worked on my chest on the bench press and got my personal best of 100kg on two reps (spotted by a helpful guy).  Then did bent over rows and reached 92.5kgs with that.  Finally did abs circuit to finish off.  Felt great after the shower and headed home for lunch.

Logged on

It was only as I finished lunch that I logged back on to Facebook.  I knew I had something to do, but I didn't want to log on too early in the day as I might have got hooked on it and not go the gym.  Haha!  Only joking!  I'm not that much of an addict, clearly.  =P  So I logged in and was greeted with 3 Friends Requests, 7 Inbox Messages and 9 Notifications.  Spent about twenty mins going through these items and then updated my Gordon So S.O.M. page telling people of the dangers of not clearing snow off cars properly.  Once that was done I was bored.  Lol!!  I did notice that there were a few new things with Facebook.  First of all, the left hand side of the screen now shows people who are online in wee boxes so you can click on them directly to bring up a chat which is pretty handy if you chat often.  The second thing which impressed me the most was the Photos Upload section.  After you upload your lot of pictures the system uses face detection to help you tag people and asks you to name them.  This saved me a lot of time when I uploaded my November 2010 album and the twenty pics only took five mins to be published with the people's names on it.  Naturally, I didn't fully trust the automatic way of tagging so had a look through the pictures myself and found some duplicates.  So sorted them all out as well as tagged some food pictures =P and all was set to go.  So I managed to sum up my month of November in twenty eight pictures!  Of which over half were of food!  Lol!!  Oh my, I just love eating so much!!  =P  A friend Selina came on Fb chat and the first thing she said wasn't "How are you?" or "Welcome back!".  The first thing she said was, "Gordon!!  How's the food?!"  Hahaha!!

Reader

It's always nice when someone tells me that they read my blog.  Was told tonight and it gives a bit of encouragement in a way.  I'm not a writer and I don't write to impress people and I know my style of writing is all over the place, as is my grammar sometimes.  Haha!  When I blog it is primarily for myself, to note down how I feel about things or share my thoughts about the day's hot topics etc.  I'm always honest on my blog.  I might not be able to tell you everything cos this is a public domain and something things are best kept quiet.  However, what I do tell is always the truth.  Although my posts are mainly for me, it is also for people to read, so therefore I need to make the effort to keep my grammar right, check for spelling mistakes, check that it flows right when it is read etc, that is makes sense basically.  That's where the readers influence comes in really.  Blogs can be personal, yet they can be so public as well.  I think I have a good mix, but I do sometimes become a bit surprised that people would want to read my blog and even mentioned to me that I put up a new post around 11pm each night.  Haha!!  Truthfully, I try to blog between 11pm to midnight, before bed each night.  Tonight I started quite late, near midnight in fact.  Why?  Can you guess?  Yup, I was on Facebook midway through writing this post.  Looked at a guy's video which he shared on his page.  One video linked to another and another and another.  Then I had to close the window and refocus on my writing.  See how easy it can be to lose focus?  Haha!

Goodnight all!  Hope tomorrow the weather is a bit better.  Hoping to gym with my sister and then meet another instructor for some driving fun, go shopping and dinner then a church meeting.  Gonna be busy instead of bored perhaps!!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment