05 December 2010

A nice Sunday

About to go to bed but a little worried after checking the BBC Weather and the Met Office sites for Glasgow.  Both forecasts heavy snow fall tomorrow from around 0300hrs.  I am hoping to start back work tomorrow after being off a whole week because of the white stuff, which as I type is freezing up again after being exposed to -3C temperature outside.  Sigh... I really hope I can get back on the road tomorrow but I will not risk taking my pupils out if they may be risks of accidents or anything that might scare my pupils, skidding or swerving etc.  Will definitely be praying about this and see what God wants me to do.

Garage sale at EM

Having said that, I had a pretty good day today, albeit a long day.  I woke up around 9:45am after going to bed around 3am last night.  Still felt quite tired as it was the first time I slept so late after a while of getting to bed before midnight.  I didn't go to the gym nor clean my car due to the snow.  So that were two things out of my Sunday norm.  I'd usually do one or the other at the very least.  Sometimes both if I have the time.  So I lazed about in the morning before having lunch with mum and Cat, washed up and then it was soon time to leave the house.  Helped do PA duties at EM today and was glad to have gotten so much help from Alan and Portia with the set up.  I did the pc/projector duty today after forgetting to text anybody to remind them they are on duty.  Lol!  I realise when doing the projector duty you can't really go deep into the worship because you have to focus on the timing of the lyrics instead.  A few occasions throughout the worship sets I allowed myself to sing along to the song but then realised I was late in changing the next few lines etc.  Lol!!  Highly embarrassing at times.  Lol!  So I appreciate the people who volunteer to do the projector duties each week.  Might look easy, but is also a sacrifice.  =)

The EM had it's first Garage Sale going on at the back of the hall today.  The things on sale to raise money were unwanted cd's, dvd's and books along with home baking of cupcakes by Jojo and Becca.  The money collected will go towards funding the New Year Retreat which is happening in January next year.  The cakes were all sold out at the end.  £1 each and some people went back for more more more!  The cakes were in popular demand there has been requests for them to make them every week!  Good going girls!  ;)  Praise God!

Nando's

Was meant to meet a friend Alfred for dinner and catch up tonight.  Originally planned 6pm at Nando's but around 3:30pm he told me he couldn't make it any longer and hope to catch up some time soon.  But I was so in the mood for peri peri chicken, so I suggested to some people that we go to Nando's and in the end around twelve people went to Nando's at The Quay and we all dined at table 5.  Had a good laugh and I think it has been a while since we hung out like that.  Or at least a while since I joined anyway, cos I know there were times some folk went to See Woo restaurant for yum cha.  Kerry also pointed out that we haven't been out on a cinema trip in ages as well, which is true.  We used to go cinema and/ or C7 Church etc after EM service.  Ah... those were the days!

Sweet stuff

To end the evening a few of us went to Nick's place to hang out and have desserts.  We had a wide range of choice: custard and fruit loaf baked in oven, a Tesco Finest strawberry and cream cake (which I avoided), and fruit salad.  The was so much to eat we had leftovers for each item and we didn't even need to make these Tom & Jerry fairy cakes which Kerry bought when we went to Tesco.  Haha!  Had a good night overall, but pretty tired now, so gonna head to bed now.  Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment