15 December 2010

Christmas Countdown

My Microsoft Office 2010 keycard finally arrived yesterday!  I thought it had gotten lost or something and had planned to notify Play.com after 21 days from delivery (according to it's policy).  But it got here yesterday and I was so happy.  With Microsoft Office 2010 installed this new Samsung laptop is now fully functioning and the Toshiba laptop can be used as a backup now, or possibly be used if/when travelling.  The Toshiba runs fine, but I wanted a new laptop, one with bigger screen, webcam, more RAM and the blu-ray player makes it much more future-friendly.  I think it was a good investment and I made the purchase before the rise of the VAT.  ;)

Midday gym

I went to the gym in the afternoon, between 12:30-2:30pm and it was busy!  Hadn't been to the gym any later than 8am since around May or something, so was a little surprised to see so many people there cos usually people are are work.  A few of the guys talked about the forthcominng snow which is due tomorrow and meant to last through to the weekend as well.  I guess some of the people turned up to the gym to get a workout before being snowed in again.  Haha!  I did squats, shoulder press, dumbbell rows and finished off workout with floor wipers.  I can finally do proper floor wipers on a bench without fear of toppling over.  I think using a heavier barbell (35kg) really helps stabilise your upper body and so you can totally focus on the core and keep it tense throughout the exercise.  Ooh the burn!  ;)

Christmas Countdown

So there are only ten more days till Christmas and I'm just about 80% prepared.  Have still got things to do, like buy a few more presents (actually one of them is a Twenty-first birthday present), I have to wrap all my presents and write all the cards.  I also have to think about getting food for Christmas Day itself.  We usually have a nice big Christmas lunch together and then stay in at home with our bellies stuffed, open presents, watch tv, nap and then we eat again come dinner time, but the appetite is no longer there cos we're still stuffed!  Lol!  This year we'll probably change to have a special Christmas dinner instead and just have an ordinary lunch at home, invite Nick over to join us.  If one of my blu-ray movies arrives in time then we'll watch that.  So looking forward to that!  =)

If I'm gonna be off work again, I will definitely need to make up a food shopping list for Tesco, just like every Christmas =)

No comments:

Post a Comment