20 December 2010

Greens anniversary

Apparently I joined Greens Gym Glasgow on the 16th of December 2009, which means I have just passed my first year anniversary.  Pretty cool how time flies eh.  I was reminded of this date when I called up this morning to ask to downgrade my Greens membership from full access (access anytime between 6:30am-10pm) to off-peak access (access only between 6:30am-5pm and all weekend).  The reason for this is because since May this year when I started my personal training program with Ally, I have only been going to the gym in the mornings before work.  I haven't stepped foot in the gym after 5pm, yet still paid for full access for seven months.  Due to my working lifestyle, I have no time to go to the gym on weekday evenings, because I am usually teaching till 9pm, especially around summer time.  So it would be pointless for me to keep paying extra money to get nothing extra in return.  Haha!  So from February 2011 I'll start paying £36 a month instead of £42.50.  Will save £6.50 a month which will come to £78 a year.  Ooh yeah!  Gonna need to think of ways to save money as the New Year is just around the corner, and I'll need to find ways to save money wherever I can.

Are you game?

Oh yeah, a fortnight ago Greens Gym sent out Christmas cards to its members to say thanks for their membership as well as to advise of the rise of new monthly membership.  Along with that came several vouchers that were pretty cool.  Stuff like 'Two Guest Passes', 'Free Sunbed session', 'Free personal trainer session if you buy training worth up to £50' and '£10 off if you buy £30 worth of fitness gear'.  I found the 'Two Guest passes' the most appealling and was pretty glad there were four of these vouchers.  This means I can sign two guests into the gym with me four times between now and the end of January.  But I am not sure who would like to go.  I spoke to Kerry once a while back who expressed an interest in visiting Greens to check out it's swimming pool.  James is also quite interested but we have to find a suitable time and date.  Is there anybody else who'd like free access to Greens for the day some time between now and 31st January 2011?  =)  To give you more information on what this gym offers, check out the link here.

For those who'd like to visit after church one Sunday I am willing to arrange something in the afternoon like 4pm-6pm as the gym closes 7pm at the weekends =)  Just drop me a comment or text or something =)

Remember I am not really promoting Greens, but purely promoting to importance of health and fitness.  Actually FREE health and fitness.  Some forms of exercise can be quite expensive, certain sports require equipment and membership fees etc.  But going to this gym with me you can attend classes, try new equipment, just have fun with friends, everything at your own pace.  It's all good!  =)

Back to work

After my rant last week, it didn't actually snow anymore.  How ironic.  In fact, the snow was kept hidden until yesterday afternoon when it snowed during our church service.  The morning started off really chilly and frosty, but no snowfall until around 2pm I think.  By the time I left church at 4pm we had around 2cm of snow on the ground everyone started driving slowly again.  Haha!  I thank a friend who asked me if I were ok after my rant.  Haha!  Yes, I am ok now thank you.  In fact, I managed to work Thursday, Friday and this morning too.  I am meant to be teaching right now (5:05pm) but I am here blogging because my 4-6pm pupil cancelled me at 3:30pm saying he was unwell.  Technically I have the right to charge him for his full lesson because he has given me less than 48hrs notice.  However, since it is his first "offense" I will mark it down only and let it got this time.  Sitting at home means I lose money and we cannot have that, especially in this weather, know what I mean?  At summer time when I am rushed off my feet I occasionally welcome the break from lessons and am not that disappointed from occasionally cancellations.  However, at this moment, every penny counts.  I did manage to do one lesson this morning 10-12pm and I have a 8-9pm planned for this evening.  Fingers crossed that will go ahead ok.  =)

Final touches

So just some final touches as I get fully prepared for Christmas.  My last Christmas present came through the door this morning (phew!) and I can wrap it up and that's all presents done.  Then I have one Christmas card to redraft (gonna be in Chinese so I will have to be extra careful to avoid writing the wrong thing - thank God for Yellow Bridge!).  I have a letter to redraft as well, in English this time, but will need to avoid any spelling mistakes or anything.  And I think that's me then.  No!  No!  One more thing.  Need to buy food for Christmas dinner!!  Ooh!  Most likey go to Tesco for that as tradition has it.  Probably go on Wednesday afternoon or something and stock up for a lovely Christmas dinner with Nick coming round to join us =)  That's it then.  It seems to be all sorted.  I've made more effort this Christmas in fact, with buying presents, writing Christmas cards etc.  Only for a few people though, mainly family and one for Secret Santa.  Haha!

Secret Santa

Yesterday I received a Christmas present from my Secret Santa, someone from the English Ministry in my church.  The Christmas bag contained three presents an a Christmas card.  The first present I was was a Sci-MX protein shaker cup (excellent!  had considered getting a replacement cup since I've used my current one for well over a year), a Nivea Men travel pack (fantastic!  everything is under 100ml which means I could take through airport for my week trip away next week!) and an Autoglym Hi-Foam Interior Shampoo which I was very impressed with especially after watching the video of how it works.  The Christmas card also contained a very nice message encouraging my walk with God.  So this person seems to know me very well, for a few years in fact (stated on the message inside card) and really knows my passions: Gym/Fitness (shaker cup), Vanity (Nivea men products) and Cleaning my car (shampoo).  Haha!  Ok, I was joking about vanity, but I do moisturise.  The most important thing is, these Nivea products are travel size stuff and are amazingly handy for taking on board my flight!  Is this a sign from God saying I can still go after all these airport problems due to the weather?  Haha!  Who knows, but I do know I am thankful for this person whomever he is.  Yes I shall guess a guy cos it seems like a guy would know me that well.  Right...?  If it's a girl, that's kinda dodgy!!  Lol!  =P

No comments:

Post a Comment