09 December 2010

Last day of snow?

As per my previous post, I mentioned the few things on my 'To-Buy' list, things to get as part of Christmas shopping and today I managed to get most of these things:

For others
1) Leaving present: DONE (also acts as a Christmas present combo)
2) Christmas present for Cat: HALF-DONE (I know what Cat wants but will let her pick it first)
3) Christmas present for Mum: PENDING
4) Birthday present: DONE (birthday card and present bought)
5) Secret Santa present: DONE (Christmas card and present bought)
6) Baptism present: HALF-DONE (card ready but present still to be chosen)
7) Cards to go along with each present: DONE (need to sit down and write them!)

For me
1) Longjohns: DONE (think I'll give this a miss; bought myself thermal socks instead)
2) Something from Perfume Shop - tentative cos it is still v.expensive after it's discount: DONE (I took the plunge and went for it.  Will take it as an investment.)

So most things completed today and only two/three things left to do and that'll be me set for Christmas.  =)  I'm hoping to return back to work tomorrow.  Possibly have two lessons: 1-3pm and then 8-9pm.  If tomorrow's weather is the same as today, dry and around 5C, we'd have a much safer chance of being on the road so I look forward to it.  I was talking to a pupil this afternoon who said she heard snow is due again in the next few days, possibly Sunday or something.  Man, I really hope this doesn't come true.  Only now has the existing snow and ice started showing signs of thawing.  There are a lot of water puddles and slush around at the moment and the drains have a lot to take in.  The heat generated from cars on the road should help it melt as well as people walking on the busy roads etc.  But please please, do not let another snowfall happen.  It really will mess things up even more.  =(

Fearing for snowfall is one thing.  The other is... once all this snow and ice clears off our roads, Britain's roads shall be faced with another big problem.  Anybody else know what that might be?  =O

P.s. Michael McIntyre has had me laughing non-stop for two nights on a row now!  LMAO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment