16 April 2011

Slower

I have learnt I should walk a bit slower, especially in company.  I think I tend to make people trot alongside me to catch up with me!  Lol!  I should walk a bit slower and I should eat a bit slower as well.  Dunno how I developed this habit to do things so fast.  Must be my 'go get it' nature and maybe adapting to the fast paced lifestyle of a driving instructor where even my breaks are quite rushed and a forty minute lunch break is a luxury!  I should slow down when I can.  Learn to enjoy those moments with friends, with food, with anything.  Rushing constantly is not very good.  Keeps you fit perhaps, but quality time takes exactly that: time.

Straps

Besides walking slowly in the literal sense I should also walk slowly in other areas of my life.  Health for example.  And when building relationships.  I bought a pair of weight lifting straps today at JJB for only £3.99.  Good quality Everlast weight lifting straps which will assist me when I do lifting / pulling exercises like pull ups, deadlifts, barbell rows etc.  The straps will help improve my grip strength and my overall pulling power which will help blast the target muscles (primarily the back and whole body when doing deadlifts).  I will not be rushing into the gym and train super hard expecting amazing results instantaneously.  But instead I will increase the weight of my lifts little by little and as the weights go up along with my reps, I will expect my muscles and strength to go up as well.  Deadlifts are definitely a great muscle toner and builder and I look forward to the weight increase for that exercise!  :)

Relationships

As for building relationships.  There are so many different ways to connect with someone these days: social networking, online, mobile phone, all sorts.  These are all channels of communication open for our use, or abuse.  It is so easy to establish contact with somebody through indirect ways, like Facebook comment, Facebook chat, even "poking" somebody on Facebook can be a simple way of saying "hi!" without saying anything.  Some stuff we find on Facebook and other social networks can be quite superficial.  People say or do things for attention.  Some get their attention, some fail.  The ones who fail might give up thinking they are worthless and never as popular as other people.  Others might keep trying, harder and harder to get themselves seen/ heard.  Just like the girl in the movie "Scre4m".  Won't give spoilers here, but hey, have we been there before at some point?  Maybe not to that extreme!  Lol!

Be genuine and be yourself.  If a relationship is worth developing, it will feel comfortable and it will feel "easy" in the "uncomplicated" sense.  You won't have to go all out the way to impress or to make things work.  Yes, effort has still to be put in of course, but overall, both parties should feel comfortable and in a way, normal.  Haha!  Should not be any awkwardness.  And above all, it should develop from a friendship stage.  Two strangers should not just "hit it off" like that.  It's strange and does not work.  Ok, that's speaking from personal experience here.  Hasn't worked for me.  Things have to be nurtured for sure.  Things have to be Godly and God-guided from now on.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matt 6:33

2 comments:

  1. the 2 strangers thing hitting it off just like that reminds me of me and noah lol. guess it was just meant to be :)

    and I wonder who you are blogging about these days? LOL - I semi-stalked you on FB and I have got a semi-guess LOL LOL
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ling Tung: Haha! A wee cheeky comment there from Scallop! Hmm... the instantaneous love thing didn't work for me, so I should take a different approach now. As for semi-guess, lol! Erm... no there are NO clues there! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete