28 February 2011

I'll never walk alone

Was randomly reminded of JOSHUAB whilst in conversation last night.  It's amazing how appropriate the verse from Joshua 8:1 applies to me right now:

"Then the LORD said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged..."

A great comfort to remember the Lord is with me wherever I go.  Especially comforting when I have made a decision and will take action to make it happen.  It will be a big step, it might be a bit scary, but doing it with God, knowing He is there with me I know I will have the courage to carry it through.  Continuous seeking guidance and sensitivity to the Spirit will be needed during this time.  Am I ready for the big move?  Yes, Lord, I am!  =)

Back to the Gym

Returned to my passionate playground this morning - Greens Health and Fitness.  Was pretty tough getting up in the morning but after rolling about for fifteen minutes after my alarm went off I sprung out of bed and told myself I really wanna go to the gym and get back into training.  Today was the first proper session using weights again after my shoulder injury and last week's frequent late night finishes which affected my sleep.  Praise God this week I'm going to finish much earlier.  Only Friday night do I have to finish 8:30pm.  :)  Much more time to myself and more importantly, more time to get to bed!  That's if I'm not on Facebook eh!  Haha!

I have started my four day split training routine now.  Meant to do two days training, one day off, then two more days before taking the weekend off.  However, because I have a driving test on Friday morning I can't take the rest day, so will hope to do back to back days this week.  This morning was Chest and Shoulders.  Tomorrow should be Back (and I'll do some core as well).  Wednesday will be Arms and Thursday will be Legs.  By Friday morning I should be in agony but of the good sort.  The pain will be my body signalling to me the muscle fibres have been ripped and it will heal itself and grow back bigger and stronger through rest and increase in protein and other important nutrients from food.  I've decided I want to train to get bigger again.  I think the past few weeks infrequent workouts have meant I have lost some mass.  I don't feel the same size as before.  I did hear some compliments from people at the weekend but I know I can do better.  And this morning, although getting up was a struggle, by the time I left the gym I walked out to crisp fresh air and the morning light was out and my day began with me feeling refreshed and healthy and ready to tackle the day!  And I knew the struggle two hours ago was totally worth it!  =)  Roll on tomorrow!!  =)

Food

Along with my training I need to eat more as well.  My body definitely need the body fuel to keep me going.  I don't want to go through this week with any occasions of the stomach feeling empty and eventually cramping because I did not plan my lesson times properly and end up not having enough time to eat or not enough food even.  It sucks!  This machine needs it's fuel and I need to feed it whatever I can.  However, I will still try stay away from fried or deep fried foods.  Went out for Iain's birthday dinner last night at Cafe Rouge.  First time eating out this year! The steak main course came with chips.  I requested mash instead.  I have not eaten any chips this year, nor had any fizzy drinks.  I would say I have not touched sweets either, but then I remember I swallowed a large number of marshmallows whilst playing Chubby Bunny few weeks ago!  Lol!

Drink

The weather was amazing today.  It was a bit breezy but the sun was out and it was very warm in the car.  At the end of the lesson my pupil was walking towards her house and she reminded me to look after myself and to drink more water as well, especially in this warm weather and that I need to talk so much.  That was very true.  I must say, since becoming an instructor my fluid intake has totally fallen down to the bare minimum.  Simple reason is because I do not want to feel I need the toilet midway through lessons, especially when I do majority of two-hour lessons.  I remember the first month I started teaching I would have to dash to a toilet as soon as a lesson ended.  Sometimes it was worse, I'd started feeling the "need" midway through a lesson and still had to carry on the lesson until the end before everything ended, pupil walked away and then I'd make a made dash for the nearest fast food place or pub or hospital etc!  There was a few close calls I must say!!  Hahahaha!!  Ok, too much info!  But hey, I'm just being honest here.  Therefore, no more.  I just drink what I feel I need and I also cease every opportunity to use a toilet.  That way I will decrease any risk of accidents!  =P  What I plan to do is then, when I finish work I should try and drink more water, more fluid intake, be it water, tea, fruit juice, fruits, whatever.  I need to refuel my body with water to help it function properly and of course the muscles need it too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment