13 February 2011

Happy stuff

No ranting in today's post.  Haha!  I figured it gets boring to moan all the time.  I get bored of writing unhappy blogs or even reading them. I must say, the past week had been pretty tough for me but today was so different.  Today I felt quite happy inside and outside, so I want to share the things that made me happy today :)

In the morning I woke up but it was raining outside.  Although it put me off my weekly cleaning of the car (hoover and dusting) it did not put me off housework.  So after breakfast and devotionals (today's topic was taming of the tongue re. the book of James) I changed my bedsheets and pyjamas, then hoovered the house and tidied up where I could cos I can't stand mess and also because I have a guest coming up for dinnner tomorrow.  Lol!  After all that was done I showered and shaved then lunch was already waiting for me on the table.  Steak!!  =D  In fact, mum made two steaks!  I ate one steak and put the other one away as leftover because I had worship practice.  Told Katie I'd be a little late.  Traffic was very smooth sailing toward's the Church Centre so I managed to arrive pretty much on my ETA. - Happy I was productive this morning. =)

Worship run-through went well and for the first time I plugged in and was backing singer for Katie.  Not sung for worship in like ages and ages and I didn't think my voice was very good compared to others in the worship team.  But I kept reminding myself of the Audience of One and I really hoped God was pleased with the worship.  The worship session in EM went really well I thought.  I really felt in tune with God and I felt His presence among us today.  I wonder if the rest of the worshippers felt so too. - Happy worshipping in God's presence.  =)

I quickly tidied up the PA equipment and prepared for a game with the youths.  Through the week there was chat with Michelle about Chubby Bunny and I thought it'd be a good idea to get the youths together for a laugh and we could introduce it to Michelle since it was her first time.  Haha!  We had lots of marshmallows in the first round and lots of players: Me, Hong Ying, Samuel, Nathan, Ben, Tiffany, Chris Li, Michelle and Katie (did I miss anybody?).  It was such a laugh and could have gotten messy had we not prepared paper towels and a carrier bag for deposits!!  LOL!  Ben won as he could still say "Chubby Bunny!" after putting NINE pieces of marshmallows into his mouth.  Haha!  I gave in after eight pieces!  So Ben is the We still had marshmallows left after first round so new players joined in like Iain, Caleb, Henry and Rachel.  However, we ran out of marshmallows as some were nicked by others who weren't playing (grrrr! =p).  So instead of competing how many we fit into our mouths we raced to be the first to swallow all our marshmallows!  I haven't eaten any sweets so far this year, but with a mouthful of marshmallows and in such a fun and competitive environment I quickly chewed up and came third to finish.  Haha!! - Happy having good laugh with people and game reminded me of church camp days =)

After the fun I was arranging the PA to take to my car and before I started carrying the stuff I heard a wee voice call my name out.  It was the sweet voice of my little darling Arianna.  I turned around looking for her but cos she's only four it took a few second before she emerged from the crowd.  She was walking towards me smiling happily and I naturally bent down opened my arms and she came running towards me and into my arms!!  =)  This little lady never fails to make me smile.  This is how I picture it will be like when I have my own child one day, be it boy or girl.  It's so sweet to have the love and adoration of a child.  Arianna I have known her since the very first day she was born.  I carried her in my arms and I have watched her grow up.  I have said to mum through the years that if one day Aaron's family doesn't want her (not ever likely I know!) then I'd definitely take her as my own.  I really adore her to piece!  =D  After a few moments of talking and dancing about Arianna decided to help me move some PA to my car.  The keyboard legs were too heavy for her to lift so we carried a side each and walked to my car.  She helped me open the car doors as well!  So sweeet!!  =D - Happy Arianna brings me so much joy inside and makes me broody!!  =P

I went to Specsavers for a contact lense check and then saw these reaaaaally nice pair of shades by Osiris.  I tried them on and I asked the girls at the counter if the shades were available for sale as is or if I had to get them with prescription.  They checked with the manager who said it would be possible to buy them without prescription.  Cool!  But I didn't rush into it.  I asked her to keep them back for me and I'll get them next Sunday once I return for my eye check test next Sunday at 4pm.  That way I'll have time to really think about it and won't make any rash decisions and no impulse buying.  Haha! - Happy my eyes are still fine with contact lenses and that I found something really cool!  =)

Before I went home for dinner (cos I was really hungry by now!) I popped into HMV to look at blu-rays.  Wanted to check out what offers they had on.  2 for £20 was on offer for blu-rays and dvd's were 2 for £10.  I spent about an hour in HMV circling around trying to pick titles either I have not seen which interest me or titles which I've seen but I know will look extra cool on blu-ray high definition.  In the the I walked away with four films.  Hope at least one of them will be suitable for watching tomorrow evening.  Haha! - Happy with a bit of retail therapy!  =)

This coming week...

So this coming week I'm excited to announce I will return back to the gym.  My plan is, starting with tomorrow I will go to the gym each morning for a week.  I need to ease myself back into training without risking any damage to my shoulders or anywhere else for that matter.  So I will just train on resistance machines this week and go back to free weights and machines next week as I begin my new training programme.  Looking forward to it, because I really want to continue shaping and building my body and maintain the title Big G.  Hahaha!!

I'm gonna take a fresh approach to work as well.  I really thank God for blessing me with friends who care for me.  They spend time with me through the phone, text and even Google Talk when I was unhappy and gave me good advice as well.  I took the advice on board and implemented stuff during work yesterday and it already made a difference to my day yesterday.  I was so much happier as well.  A step at a time eh?  So far the first steps have been good!  Thank you guys!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment