31 October 2011

High Court of Glasgow

It is raining outside right now, and it reminds me of the time I went for jury duty at the High Court of Glasgow back in 2005 when I was still working at Ford CRC.  It brings feelings of nostalgia as I will be making that same journey to court again.  Yup, received a juror citation letter through the post about three weeks ago inviting me to attend court on Monday 31st Oct 2011.  So I called up yesterday evening and it said I didn't have to attend this morning but was told to call again after 5PM today.  I still managed to teach today and during a long break I went to buy church PA equipment with Jason.  It didn't take as long as I had estimated and I still had time to pop home to see mum and to eat some food as well before my last lesson.

So... back to court tomorrow after about 5-6 year without being selected again.  It's so unfair!!  Seems like they recycle used names in a 5-6 year cycle.  My sister has never done it and I doubt they'll be inviting her anymore.  Haha!  Apparently we can only do jury duty a maximum of two times in your lifetime or something?  But then someone told me their dad did jury service three times!  LOL!  Hmm... anyway, I hope I can get there tomorrow, show face, and when the time comes for names to be picked I hope my name is not picked and I can be excused.  Because I do not want to lose any income.  Back in 2005/2006 I gave the form to my admin dept and they filled in my earnings and the court paid me for the loss of work.  But now, well being self employed means I will have to prove my earnings through accountant records etc and it all seems so troublesome AND they daily rate of pay is well below what I would earn on an average day.  Sigh...!

No comments:

Post a Comment