09 October 2011

Bus journeys


This All Day bus ticket (now costing £4) was my travel buddy today.  I took two buses to get to church and two buses back.  So each journey was a Pound.  Worth it?  Hmm... not really.  Didn't like how I hit my left elbow off the metal arm rest at the very back of the bus (there were no other seats left).  Didn't like how I got off a few stops too early in fear of the 41 bus going a different route and ended up walking from George Square up to Watt Brothers on Hope Street (about 4-5 blocks away) whilst looking over my shoulder every so often in case my next bus arrived.  Didn't want to run or rush cos didn't like to get all sweaty and stuff before arriving at church.  Managed to arrive at bus stop across from church at 1PM sharp so got to do my PC/ Projector duty much on time.

After church service and later the meeting at church centre I waited at the bus stop on Gt Western Road for about fifteen minutes before a bus came that took me to town before I got off and onto a different bus (41) which took me home.  The 41 bus from Odeon was the first stop, so the bus sat there for about six minutes before it started it's journey.  From previous experience of taking the bus I remember it being common courtesy to leave the front few rows vacant for the elderly and mothers with prams etc.  So I sat on the second row behind the open space.  However, I must have grown some more since the last time I was on the bus.  Because my knees seemed to have felt squashed behind the seat in front and I had to sit slightly turned to the side.  LOL!

I almost got off the bus about three stops early because I started smelling cigarette smoke coming from the back of the bus.  The smoke is is something I definitely do not miss about public transport.  Yucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment