14 October 2011

"Train hard to gain hard"

Made a big investment in something last week.  It arrived by courier today but nobody was in to sign for it.  Therefore I have to pick it up myself from FedEX depot at Cumbernauld(!)  Nooo!!  I say this is an investment because it will be very useful for me and others AND comes with a 15 Year Guarantee.  Cool or what!  =)  Looking forward to picking them up tomorrow around 8AM.  Will give up sleep and miss my extra gym session for it.  Worth it?  Should be!  =)

I also bought skipping ropes off eBay and they should be arriving soon.  My flat is quite small in fact, might have to skip out at the landing outside my doorway.  Haha!  Skipping is good and I have developed a liking for it after doing the Four Minutes of Hell workout created by Jeff Cavaliere.  So I now have an exercise mat, exercise band, weight lifting straps and later skipping ropes =)  Fitness is such a healthy habit and can be so addictive.  It's all I can think of really.  I think I am more passionate about fitness than I am about driving.  LOL!  And this training I am doing now, The Wolverine Workout is soo cool!!  It's a nine-week programme which is made up for three phases, each phase taking three weeks.  I am on week two it emphasises lots on heavy weights, more rest times than before (double in fact) and increases strength and size.  Already my mum has commented how I look bigger than before (that's even without her glasses on) and I got another compliment from a guy two days ago who said my training seems to be working well cos I'm looking good.  To hear that from a guy is like so cool, haha!

"Train hard to gain hard" - I made that up myself at the gym this morning to remind myself that in order to gain muscle and size I have to lift heavy.  No point in doing the same weight and it gets easy and comfortable.  Give myself a challenge and increase the weight for the Barbell lunges as well as the Dumbell squat clean and press.  It felt amazing!!

Anyhows, better sleep as I have to get up around 7AM tomorrow.  Later then my usual 5:55AM, so I will feel like I've had a lie-in.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment