06 March 2011

Took the leap

My first Sunday where I was neither playing in the worship team nor doing PA or transportation for the EM Service.  So instead of wasting this valuable spare time I went to the gym for 9am opening time.  Did a fifteen minutes run on the treadmill before stretching and started my workout with deadlifts.  Managed to reach 100kgs for six reps.  Will tackle it again next time.  Then I did chin ups and dips.  Barbell curls and barbell extensions.  Then ended with kettlebell extensions and rope pulldowns.  Got good pump on my arms  =)  Then jumped down to the steam room and jacuzzi for a while and hung out with a buddy.

After careful consideration, conversations, prayers and deliberation I decided to go for the car I saw on Thursday.  Back then I didn't want to rush into making a decision.  Didn't want the salesman to pressurise me into getting the car just because he wanted to make a sale.  I went to Machargs after church service today and after discussion with the salesman and later the general manager, I felt at peace in my heart and took my hand out for the handshake.  The price tag of the car could not come down but I managed to secure some good discounts and freebies and I thank God for that.  Definitely leeway from both sides.  Obviously the dealership will always come out better off but I was glad I managed to do some calculations as well.  Looking forward to next Thursday.  =)

China Buffet King

Went to China Buffet King for Gary's surprise birthday dinner.  He originally thought it was just a casual hangout in town like what usually happens after service.  But we all managed to keep it quiet and when he found out he was very surprised and seemingly very appreciative.  I haven't been in a buffet place for a looong time.  Can't believe the last time I let myself pig out.  I went for the less 'damaging' foods like chicken, pork and mussels etc from the upstairs buffet.  And the hotpot I mainly went for fish balls, beef slices, pork slices, tofu and salmon etc.  Was quite filling but not over full.  Couldn't eat any more in the end because my Highland Spring still water ran out and I didn't want to buy another bottle!!  Sick!  The place didn't even serve tap water to customers.  I didn't want to break my three months avoidance of fizzy drinks so I asked for water and just still water instead of sparkling.  Lol!  =P

Beauty... has to be admired from afar as always =)

No comments:

Post a Comment