01 March 2011

Feeling blessed

Hey all, have been wanting to provide an update for ages but have been soooo busy in the past one week!  There are lots to give thanks to God for as well!

Monday

This week saw my final two days as a franchised instructor and so on Monday and Tuesday I still gave lessons in the Ford Focus.  At the end of my first driving lesson (a two-hour lesson between 10am-12pm) my pupil gave me two bottles of mineral water.  The weather was hot and she could sympathise with me about having to speak so much for so long etc.  Initially I declined and told her I had water in my boot but when she insisted and ran inside her house to get them for me AND opened the lid of one of them for me, I knew she really meant it and cared.  I showed appreciation by drinking some of the water and then continued with the lesson debrief.  Oh, before anybody thinks anything else, she is a married woman, a family friend.  Haha!!  =D

I came home for some lunch before next driving lesson just after 2pm in preparation for a driving test at half past three.  Was halfway eating my lunch when the buzzer went quite loudly.  It was the ParcelForce courier with my roof sign for the car!!  Praise God for the great timing.  Last time the same company sent me something through ParcelForce I wasn't in and had to pick it up from the local post office.  This roof sign was much bigger to carry so having the guy bring it up was much more convenient.  =)

The pupil sitting her driving test was feeling a little nervous, naturally.  It was still a very hot day with the sunshine blazing down.  I offered her the bottle of unopened water that I put in the boot.  I bless as I was blessed =)  Just before we entered into the test centre I suggested we pray together and ask the Lord to be with my pupil.  We prayed in the car park and we went inside the test centre.  She went for the test whilst I waited inside the waiting room, all by myself, no other candidates taking tests at that time which was strange.  I was praying, I was walking about, I was feeling very excited yet also nervous for the pupil.  The car returned and I was near enough the car to see the examiner's mouth mouth to say "pass" and my pupil's happy reaction confirmed this word!  Yaaasss!!  I was so delighted!!  I quickly said a prayer to God to thank Him for such great day and great result.  First time pass for my pupil, what a great way to finish off the term with the francise eh?  =)

Tuesday

Halfway through my morning lesson at 11am I noticed a strange noise each the car moved.  It sounded like something was stuck on the nearside front tyre (passenger front), maybe a stone or something, and it made a strange scratching noise each time the wheel turned.  So I got out of the car to check and low and behold there was indeed a foreign body embedded in the tyre.  Not a stone or glass or anything I could remove.  But a big metal screw, which went right through the tyre and was too deep to pull out.  I thought it looked like if I had managed to take it out the tyre would deflate right away.  So for health and safety reasons I terminated the lesson, sent pupil home slowly and carefully and then made my way to Maryhill Road Kwik-Fit.  The tyre repair was carried out through Lombard account so was not out of my pocket, however, this Kwik-Fit was very busy with about six other cars ahead of me in the queue.  So I ended up waiting three hours before the car was picked up.  Had to reschedule my 1-3pm lesson until 7:30pm-9pm so therefore finished really late with the Focus.  Not to worry, I was very grateful that the car was safe enough to drive and to teach in =)

Wednesday

I had been chasing up the AA for a letter confirming that during my time with the franchise that I've never had any accidents nor made any claims.  This letter would go towards my No Claims bonus which applies when I took out driving tuition insurance.  After three phone calls and two emails the letter really arrived yesterday morning and so I was thankful that this could be processed as the temporary insurance cover would run till 3rd April and the letter should arrive before then.  So at least that is out of the way.  Again, I prayed about this matter and gave it unto the Lord as I could do no more besides calling and sending emails.

Also want to thank God for keeping me safe at a roundabout as well.  Was almost involved in a collision with a green truck at a roundabout.  Keep your wits about you people.  Just a concentration lapse of even two seconds could result in bad consequences!

Today

I popped in to Euro Car Parts today just for a wander round.  Was my first time visiting and I had expected it to be like a Halfords.  But it was much much smaller and the stuff they sold I didn't want or needed, like car mats, car cleaning gear, different oils, car parts like screws, and various different stuff.  It was when I walked over to the accessories part that I saw again some power socket extension things.  I had considered getting one from Halfords the other days as the Fiesta only has one power socket outlet compared to the two in the Focus.  So I had thought about maybe getting a 2in1 or a 3in1 outlet, however wanted to really have enough stuff to plug in before getting it.  Currently I only have a sat nav that needs occasionally charging up.  Don't have any other need for power socket otherwise.  However, I saw a pretty smart looking 2in1 power socket extension and asked the guy for the price.  He checked the system then confirmed it was £4.99.  I went back to the car to get cash.  Upon my return I waited in a queue for a few minutes before I reached the front.  Same guy served me.  I gave him money to pay.  After a short moment of pressing buttons on the system, he handed me back my money.  "You can have this back", he said, "and you can take this.  Merry Christmas."  I was surprised.  "Really?  Why?", I asked.  "Yes, we don't have this item on stock anymore." (probably meaning he cannot price it or charge me anymore or something??)  "Oh right, thanks!  But are you sure?!" I asked again.  "Yes, unless you want to put something into this?".  He lifted up a charity collection tub.  I put in a coin and I thanked the guy again and made my way out with my new product for the car.  Totally felt loved by God and really blessed by Him.  What a nice surprise!!  =D

Because of Tuesday's tyre incident, it started making me think what would happen if the same happened to my new car, the Fiesta.  I would not have a tyre to change into as the new cars do not come with a spare tyre but just a tyre inflation kit which is not exactly the most practical or reliable way to repair a tyre once it is damaged.  So I had a nice instructor friend Stephen who suggested I look online for used alloy wheels sold in eBay and in fact he took a look at the wheels for me whilst I was working late Tuesday and couldn't get access to a computer.  So I went ahead to buy one.  I did not hear anything from the Seller after I paid for it.  So last night I emailed the Seller to ask for an update on the order.  This morning he advised the wheel was sent out and gave me a tracking code.  I did not see which courier the tracking code was for.  It was this afternoon after 3pm when I was at home doing more admin and paperwork that the buzzer went really loudly and prolonged.  Mum picked up the intercom and the guy said there was a parcel for me.  It was a man from UPS carrying a big round and heavy-looking parcel all wrapped in layers of bubble wrap.  He was delighted I was in to collect the parcel and went away happily after I signed for it.  Thank God again that I was at home.  His timing is the best.  Had I not been in the delivery guy would have only left me a card and I would have had to pick the parcel up elsewhere.  How inconvenient!  The wheel is in my hallway now and I have not had the chance to open the packaging for a proper look.  However, I am thankful it is here now.

I look forward to many more blessings from God for the rest of this weekend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment