04 February 2010

Beginning the countdown

So it's almost the end of the week after I handed in my notice of leave to my HR company.  I guess now's the time if I had a monthly calendar, for me start red crossing off the days of the week until I reach the final "D-day" which will be Friday 26th February, where I will have circled several times.  But no, I don't have a calendar and so I won't be crossing out anything. Instead, I'll just note down how things progress as my days in the office come to an end.

Monday (1st) was when I handed my notice in to my manager right at the end of my half-day shift.  He was a little surprised to receive it now, although he had been expecting it since a few months back when he took up this position (my previous manager emigrated to Australia and is currently enjoying the sun and beaches with his family!).  The shift from 8:45am-12:30pm went by quite smoothly without any problems.  I also managed to print off some driving instructor stuff before I packed up for the day.  Making using of the otherwise limited resources whilst I still had the chance.  Haha!  It was tonight that after praying I decided to ask AA for pupils.  I set my maximum pupil number to 2 per week, just to start off with.  I wait and pray.

Tuesday (2nd) I went to Body Pump class for 7am and felt fresh for my shift.  But for some reason I got a bit frustrated with the usual training of two people.  Dunno why, maybe I felt a frustrated because of something petty.  The frustration appeared when I felt my "good intentions" were not appreciated.  I couldn't wait for the shift to end.

Wednesday (3rd) Shift was better than the day before.  Had checked my AA diary for new pupils and didn't see anything.  In the evening a potential pupil who happened to be a friend contacted me asking if I were free to go out for driving lessons.  We had a discussion about lessons before Christmas but nothing came of it, mainly due to the horrendous weather at the start of the year.  Was told they would do lessons once the snow cleared.  However, the snow was pelting down yesterday when I was asked if I were available.  How ironic!  The weather had been nice in the past two weeks but no signs from the pupil but now that it's snowing (again!).  Excitement bestowed my heart as I called the pupil to arrange our first official meet up in a few days.  In the back of my mind I reminded myself of God's goodness to me, blessing me with this pupil at this time :)  Later on I checked my AA diary again and lo and behold a new pupil was assigned to me!!  Whoo-hoo!  Someone quite local as well which would make lessons much more convenient without the long travelling time.  Two pupils in one night!  Thanks be to God!!

Today... well this morning as I was leaving Greens Gym, I had to wait for the car park barrier arm to raise before I could drive out.  A man saw me stick my fob at the machine and then called out to me, "Big man, how much do you charge an hour?"  I told him the price and then he said he would be interested in taking some lessons.  Looking at his age and the fact that he told me he had not been driving for thirty years due to injury helped me conclude he has a license but just needs refreshers.  Nonetheless, I gave him my card and asked him to call me later to discuss lessons etc.  I could not stop any longer as there were cars waiting to leave the car park too.  My heart was so happy and filled with glee because again I felt God's provision for me.  Three pupils in two days.  Ok, I won't count my eggs before they hatch, maybe only two in two days, but still, I was definitely reminded of God's love as I drove to work.  It added another spring to my step, along with the excitement after Circuits class.  =)

So it goes to show, when God blesses you, nothing can stop it.  It's just amazing and so overwhelming!  Praise God!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment