16 May 2011

Hello again

Hey all!

Just thought I'd update a little post here since I've not said anything since.... 27th April!!!  Lol!  Time flies man!  27th April was two days before my 28th birthday!  Yes, my birthday was on 29th of April.  Oh my goodness!  I am 28!  That makes me one of the oldest member of the English Ministry in our church.  How amazing is that!  LOL!  Praise God though, that I am still of use in the church and can serve Him through different areas and I feel so honoured to be listed as one of the leaders of EM.  Sometimes time I feel so unworthy to be a leader.  I feel I have yet so much to learn and I want to develop my faith in the Lord.  I guess serving, seeking and learning runs hand in hand.  I want to mature in God as I mature physically.

In recent months I've been reminded of God's Sovereignty through devotions, how God's authority rules over all the Earth, that nothing and no-one can be more powerful than God.  Everything is in His hands, all things big and small.  It brings great comfort to know that the God whom I worship, whom I praise is the same God whom I can fully rely on and fully put my trust in.  I know no matter however my life unfolds, it will be alright, everything will be fine as long as I live according to His will, as long as I seek to please Him with all my actions.  So I have been a lot more conscious of how my verbal and physical communications can portray or display Christ.  I try to find ways to bring glory to God through what I do, what I say etc.  I can't say that I succeed all the time, but certainly He is on my mind a lot more these days.  And when my eyes are on Him more, I can certainly see His greatness and His Sovereignty displayed more and more around me and it is so encouraging!  =)

What else is new with me...?  Hmm... well I've just been working.  Oh yeah... work-wise, well the month of April was quite busy as it was my first month as an independent driving instructor, which meant I am no longer tied to a franchise agreement with a national driving school.  Been saving lots more in the weekly francise fee which equated to around £210 per week!  Yup!  Per week!  Regardless if I was working or not.  Well my weekly output these days are fuel and car washes.  How good is that!  I had spent lots on getting the car, the insurance, roof sign, business cards etc.  Basically to get myself started up.  So I need to wait a while before breaking even in that sense.  Saw the accountant last week for tax and accounts for Year 2010/2011.  Made a better profit compared to 2009/2010 but not good enough on paper to show banks for a mortgage.  He forecasts I should have a much better amount of income for 2011/2012 and should be able to apply for mortgages etc within two years, which is more promising.  Yes, two years sounds a bit far away.  My initial life plans were to be married, settled with life partner and a house by 30 years old.  Seems like that is not going to happen that way.  But then again, I submit my life to God and know that His ways are different from my ways.  So, Lord, take me, use me and mould me.  =)

Back to healthy eating again and getting more focussed with my gym training.  Been going to the gym at opening time of 06:30am nowadays.  It's much better going early when it's quieter (compared to after work) and then getting home early enough to have a decent breakfast, make packed lunch and even do devotionals before leaving for work again.  How I'd love to be able to do a workout, eat at the gym (nothing healthy there! and if I bring packed breakfast it will never be enough!) and then start work.  But that's not an option.  Guess morning is the only time I have for the the gym.  The time I have for myself.  Everyone else is in bed so I won't be disturbed and it is more of 'me time' before I start the day.  Take tonight for example, I finished work 9pm and got in at 9:15pm.  That's considered early, as I can be home as late at 9:40pm depending where the last lesson ends and if it runs over at all.  Anyways, Greens shut 10pm so if I don't go early hours I won't get any gym time at all!  =D  It feels great though to have the workout done early on so I can focus on the rest of the day and all foods that I eat will be burnt away due to increase in metabolic rate.  Does mean I get hungry oh so easily now!!  Haha!

So that's it really.  My life is pretty much focussed on these three things at the moment: God, work and the gym.  During the week I don't get to go out much as these three things fill up my week.  The weekends I get some opportunities to play.  Watch a movie in the cinema if I'm fortunate enough, might even have dinner with brothers and sisters in church after service.  It's nice to hang out and fellowship, to bless and encourage one another.  Thank God the weather has improved overall in the past few weeks.  No more blistering sunshine (which I am SOOO thankful for!) but enough light to give us longer bright evenings.  Lol!  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment