29 May 2011

Little pond?

He must have been a Godsend.  I think DD was right.  Maybe I have been looking in the wrong pond.  Big fish in little pond perhaps?  Time to move on I think...

It's amazing how God works though.  Just out of the blue out pops the question.  And of course, I gave honest answers.  I spoke my heart.  It's amazing how God can provide a counseller, a listening ear.  Someone to show concern.  I live at home with two women.  I don't have any senior guys to talk to conveniently.  After all, being Chinese as well, we are more 'conservative' when it comes to these things, usually.  I'm not that shy about these things, but just find it hard to find 'suitable' people to chat to.  So many people around me, all at different stages of life.

The prayer meant a lot to me.  Oh Lord, lead the way :)

Athlean-X Training System

On a different note, I have decided to change my workout regime and try out a new 90 program which is to help me develop more lean muscle mass.  Although currently I feel I am quite big in size and live up to my nickname Big G, I know I have a lot of body fat as well.  Too much in fact.  So this program, which has been vouched by thousands to have made a difference in their lives, is set out to give me different workouts every day for twelve weeks, along with an eating plan.  Follow it as closely as you can to get as better results as possible.  This would involve weight training Monday, Wednesday and Friday with conditioning (cardio) on Tuesday and Thursday.  Guess I can rest on the weekends.  Instead of slaving away at the gym for hours on end, each workout is designed to last about 40 minutes tops, leaving you more time to yourself yet having your heart beat just as much if not more than a long workout session.  The results should be seen within 3-4 weeks.  I am looking forward to this change.  New exercises to challenge the body and keep it guessing.

I will need to change some habits like try to get at least seven hours of sleep each night.  I will try to constantly drink water.  I will try to eat small portions every 2-3 hours of the day and keep my metabolism running high.  What else... erm... oh yeah, will continue using my mobile stopwatch to time my breaks between workout sets, making sure I don't slack when resting and take too long to get back into it.  Might mean no eating out for a good number of weeks too!

I took my weight this morning, one day before I start this program.  Most updated figures are:

212.2lbs - 96.2kgs - 15st 2lbs 

I shall update after a week I think.  Here's hoping I can get through this one week of training!  Haha!  If anybody is interested in seeing what this program is about, check out the link below!  =D

ATHLEAN-X

No comments:

Post a Comment