18 January 2011

Going without

That's me gone eighteen days without eating out now.  Not bought any food whilst being outside, not even a sandwich.  Anything I eat comes from the house, homemade sandwiches or pasta etc.  Wanna see how long I can keep this up for.  Eating out would mean exposure to excessive oil, salt, sugars and msg etc.  Stuff that are not good for the body.  I'm not avoiding for allergies or anything but just overall health.  As I said before I want to be 'living clean and pure'.  Avoiding eating out will help towards my bodyfat loss in a healthy way. Not some crazy-ass fad diet where I starve myself (cannae afford that if I wanna keep my mass and size!).  So whilst I keep my weights training up and do cardio, I want to make sure I don't spoil my efforts with grease.  Lol!  Someone congratulated me for being able to avoid eating out for so long.  Haha!  Last Sunday I had to decline an invite to Wudon after the church meeting and I went home for dinner instead.  Throughout the day I was tempted with strawberry and coconut cake things, homemade brownies and chocolates.  All of which I just looked away from.  Lol!  It's not that difficult actually.  I would invite people to this wee challenge and see how they get on.  =)

EM Retreat

I wonder how I'm gonna survive the weekend retreat with the EM.  Haha!  Need to eat every two-three hours and hopefully something rich in protein.  Definitely not snacking like chocolates and biscuits etc.  Might just bring cream crackers.  Haha!  Definitely need to remember my protein shakes.  Maybe one for each morning.  I'm quite looking forward to the retreat.  Have not done much at all so far as this year we've been blessed by a willing Core Team made up for TC, HY, CL and CM.  First time such a small team is doing such a big job.  God bless them.  Will keep them in prayer =)  Looking forward to meeting Dick Dowsett and hearing him speak to Word of God to us again.  I hear he will be leading a workshop on Boy-Girl Relationships.  I have signed up for it mentally already.  Lol!  I want a more mature approach to BGR this time round.  I can't remember much from previous attendance of BGR workshops, apart from it starting with the book of Proverbs and keywords such as bosoms and stuff.  Haha!

It ain't easy

Living clean and pure ain't easy.  It's weird isn't it.  Just when you decide to abstain from something then it seems that that particular thing shows up, more times than normal.  Does anybody else get that?  Just like if someone says they have decided to quit smoking, they might feel more and more people are smoking.  And the smell of the smoke tempts them.  Or they might quit alcohol but then get invited to the pub by their friends sort of thing.  Just this morning I was driving off to my first lesson and on the one street there were two temptations!!  I mean, I want to live pure and keep my eyes to myself and focus on God.  I scan the surroundings a lot whilst driving (probably more than the average Joe) and glanced at girl with a skirt on walking up the street to my right.  'Ok, don't look', I thought to myself, 'Just drive on'.  My head was having a mini battle: 'I shouldn't look.  Just focus on God and don't sin.'  / 'Just one look won't hurt.  Go on!' / 'No! I should flee from temptation.'  And before I knew it the opportunity had passed for me to look and I drove on relieved.  Just two blocks away my scanning of the road picks up a figure moving.  Turns out to be woman running with dark grey running leggings on. This time she's on the left.  Here we went again: 'Don't look!  Focus on the road.' / 'Go on!  Just a quick look!' / 'No! I must make effort for Jesus.  I can do it!' / 'Then how about look at the mirror after you pass her?' / 'No!  I don't want to waste this effort that I've made for Jesus so far.'  And before I knew it the opportunity passed for me to look at her or the mirror.  Phew!  I was on my way to my first lesson with a clean heart and pure eyes.  I thank God for giving me strength =)

If the shoe don't fit...

If the shoe don't fit... then what?  I've been thinking about this for the past couple of hours.  Impulse buying is wrong.  Might feel fun at that moment but later when you calm down and think about it, or even try the purchase on, you might find it just ain't right.  Just doesn't fit properly.  Just doesn't look right.  Just doesn't feel right. What do you do?  Certainly cannot force it on yourself.  It's not who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment