09 January 2011

God the Helper

Didn't share anything at the thanksgiving part of EM service, but definitely have something to be thankful for now!

This afternoon it was my turn to transport the PA equipment from Church Centre to Findlay Church.  On the way there Jenni helped carry the keyboard stand and David helped me carry my guitar.  They went in Jenni's car.  In my car I put the big Roland keyboard on the back seat (can only fit diagonally) and two guitar amps in the rear footwell.  The front seat was occupied by the projector and laptop.  My boot space was already taken up by my usual box of stuff, my shoulder bag and my gym bag as I was planning to go to the gym with James after service.  The roads were extremely icy this morning after yesterday's snowfall, so extra care had to be taken when carrying the equipment to and from the car.

After the service ended the PA was all tidied up and it was time to bring everything back to Church Centre again.  So I filled up the car as follows: front seat my guitar and my shoulder bag, back seat keyboard and keyboard stand, footwell one guitar amp, boot space I put the laptop and projector which I managed to squeeze in after reshuffling stuff around.  So off I drove to Church Centre.  James was meant to meet me at Church Centre who was to follow me to Greens after it was all done.

I parked at Church Centre and decided to take the keyboard and the keyboard stand up first because it needed to go to the second floor of the flat.  The Roland keyboard must weigh around 30-40kg and it zipped in a big bag and these straps as handles.  These handles cut into your shoulders when you carry it up but it's the only way cos carrying it by hand would be too heavy.  It is heavy and it is expensive so care is always taken when moving it, especially when walking over the snow and ice.  So off I went and climbed the two flights of stairs up to the second floor.  Whilst ascending up I was thinking of what I carry up next - the guitar amp belonged to the second floor and the laptop and projector belonged to the first floor (but not only that, the laptop and projector is kept in a locked cupboard where the key is kept in separate room).  Once I got into the second floor I put down the keyboard and stand in the worship room.  Chris McAdam was there with a few others and he asked if I had other stuff to bring up and if I needed help.  I accepted Chris's kind offer and we walked down to my car.  I thought I could ask Chris to bring the guitar amp up to the second floor as that would safe me a trip and I'll just handle the first floor cupboard.

Just as we reached the bottom of the stairs James came in to the close carrying the laptop and projector!!  I didn't lock my car because it was such a short trip up the stairs and I couldn't get my key to lock it after having the keyboard on my shoulder.  Turns out James arrived after me, parked behind my car and actually opened my boot to get the laptop and projector boxes!  That was amazing!!  I was so happy when I saw that, because it also meant I could give Chris the guitar amp to bring upstairs and the job's done!

I am thankful to God for providing people to help me today.  Usually the PA duties are carried out in pairs but due to circumstances I transport and move stuff myself.  When I feel it is tough I remind myself it is for God and that it is an honour so I should not complain or be negative.  I don't like to ask for help or trouble people.  Just head down and carry on.  Although I did not ask God for help, He still blessed me with Chris and James who helped out and I am grateful for it.  It was such a nice surprise, especially on the part of James.  All things worked out according to God's plan: car was not locked, James arriving and checking my boot and Chris being on the second floor.


Thank you God!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment