15 April 2012

Sleep

Fifteen minutes until I head to bed.  For the coming week I will try to sleep for eight hours each night.  To get up at 6AM for the gym would mean I need to get to bed for 10PM.  I might not fall asleep right away but at least I will be resting7: my eyes and I will be away from the temptations of Facebook, Whatsapp, Youtube, Draw Something and WORDS with Friends.  Haha!

Sleep is very important for everybody, especially for those who work out.  Sleep allows the body to repairs it's muscle tissues which were damaged during exercise and lets the body restore it's energy, before the next bout!  For too long I've neglected my sleep and averaged about 6-7 hours of sleep per night.  There were some nights I was still up around 2AM which mean only four hours of sleep left before getting up for the gym.  Hence I missed a few training sessions due to this.  No good.

Instead, if I do a trial of sleeping 10PM-6AM each night, I hope to see/ feel better energy levels as well as improvement to my physique as the body is allowed to recharge properly.  That would mean a typical weekday would pan out as follows:

10PM-6AM Sleep
6AM-10AM Gym, breakfast, prep lunch
10AM-7:30PM Work
7:30PM-10PM Dinner and wind down

10PM-6AM Sleep.... and the cycle continues so on and so forth!

I think it won't be too difficult for the first few days, at least until Friday.  However, on Saturday there will be a church event going on which is posted as 7PM-9:30PM.  I doubt I'll get to bed for 10PM, but then again, if I don't need to get up at 6AM on Sunday morning I should be ok.  Will still aim for eight hours of quality sleep.  Ok, time is now 21:55hrs to be exact.  Gotta go now.  Goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment